Welcome, Guest.
Register Donate Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the Offroad Passport Community Forum!

This is a community for planning and discussing offroad adventures. All makes and models of offroad vehicles are welcome! Multi-day expedition-style trips are our main focus, but there are plenty of day runs, clinics, and tech-days as well.

The forum is free for Basic Membership! Optional Premium Membership includes such perks as exclusive professionally organized trips and events. Please note that you may view the forum as a guest, but will need to register in order to post or to access certain areas of the site.

Note: If you are already a registered member, please login to remove this message.

View Thread

Old 02-27-2013
(Kristoffer) (K1KRS)
Founder/Administrator

Vehicle: 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee (WJ)
RV2 5/17 - 5/19/2013: Overland Expo (Near Flagstaff, AZ) (Event & Tent/RV Camping)

5/17 - 5/19/2013: Overland Expo 2013 (Near Flagstaff, AZ) (Event & Tent/RV Camping)

Offroad Passport will be appearing at the Overland Expo this year! Our exhibit will feature TheKSmith's infamous Jeep Grand Cherokee expedition rig. The expo is one of the world's largest events for adventure travelers. There are complete weekend packages with classes and demonstrations available, or just tour the exhibits and featured vehicles with a day pass. Over 5,000 people from 28 states and 19 countries visited last year's Expo!

We'll be setting up camp in a wooded area just a couple miles from the event. This will be undeveloped camping (no amenities), but it is car and RV accessible. You do not have to attend the expo to camp with us, anyone is welcome to come and enjoy the nice Flagstaff May weather!

Thank you to our event sponsors!

Kamp-Rite - The Original Tent-Cot

The 4x4 Podcast - Explore Your World

If your company would like to sponsor our exhibit, please email info@offroadpassport.com for more information. Personal donations are also appreciated!

Event Details:
Complete event info: http://www.overlandexpo.com/details/

DAY PASSES - ONLINE, IN ADVANCE:
Single Adult, one day $15 / two days $25 / three days $35
One Family, one day $30 / two days $50 / three days $65
Family = Single household. Kids under 16 are free.

DAY PASSES - AT-GATE PRICING:
Single Adult, one day $20 / two days $35 / three days $45
One Family, one day $40 / two days $65 / three days $75

OVERLAND EXPERIENCE PACKAGE:
Single (one person / one vehicle) $265
Double (two people / one vehicle) $480 (kids under 16 are free)

NOTE: Offroad Passport is not affiliated with the Overland Expo beyond our status as an exhibitor. Please contact ConserVentures LLC directly with any event questions or concerns.

Camping Details:
The plan is for dispersed camping (no amenities) in a wooded area about 5 miles from the expo. The spot is car/RV accessible so long as there has not been excessive recent rain (the roads can become extremely muddy).

TheKSmith & family will actually be camping here as of Thursday (5/16) as we have to setup the Offroad Passport exhibit at the expo that day. We currently plan to setup the camp site thursday around lunchtime, then go to the expo to setup there, returning to camp later afternoon.

CAMPING LOCATION:

Next to FR 9117K or J. Approximate coordinates are: N 35* 01.206', W 111* 26.723'

Map (at the green arrow): http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...42872&t=h&z=15

Coming from Flagstaff/I-17, take Lake Mary Road towards Mormon Lake. Just after passing Upper Lake Mary, there will be a small intersection with Pingrove Campground to the right, take the left on FR 82E. The first right that is a numbered route should be 9117J, take that right. We will camp somewhere along 9117J or K (K is the next little right once on J). If you get to a large opening with a dry pond on your right (green spot on the map below), you went to far, we'll camp in the woods before then.

If anyone arrives before us, be sure that you are on the numbered forest road and camp with 300 feet of the road center-line. The coordinates are from a previous trip and may not be exact as it was before the maps were redrawn. If you are on a non-numbered trail or camped too far from the road, you could be fined by the forest service.

Cost/Permits: Free - to the best of our knowledge, no permits are required.

Attending:
TheKSmith & Family (camping & expo)
ZMagic97 (expo)
lofreqjeff (expo)
andrewnei & guests (camping & expo)
UnderlyVerbose (expo, swing by camp, help at the expo on Fri)
Bradywgn71 (swing by camp, staying in flag)
MHead (sat/sun)
Hollywood & guests (camp & expo)
91AzXJ (tentative sunday)
InARut

Please sign up if you'll be camping with us or just let us know to watch for you at the expo!

ALSO - I could use people to watch the exhibit occasionally so I can have lunch and bathroom breaks. Remember, a crowd draws a crowd, so just having some of you come hang out once in a while is helpful too!
Old 02-27-2013
(Bill)
Basic Member

Vehicle: 88 Jeep Wrangler / 95 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Default Re: 5/17 - 5/19/2013: Overland Expo (Near Flagstaff, AZ) (Event & Tent/RV Camping)
Sure wish I could go. I was sad to see it move from Amado, but Flagstaff is just as cool. Just a bit far for me to make one day of it.....
Old 02-27-2013
Premium Member

Vehicle: 2001 jeep cherokee
Thumbs up Re: 5/17 - 5/19/2013: Overland Expo (Near Flagstaff, AZ) (Event & Tent/RV Camping)
Originally Posted by theksmith View Post
The dates of this year's Overland Expo were just announced: Who else from the Offroad Passport community is going?
Registration and more information is available here: http://www.overlandexpo.com/

as long as the cherokee's still running strong then i'd go check it out with you..
Old 02-27-2013
(Chris)
Basic Member

Vehicle: 2008 Jeep JK Rubicon
Default Re: 5/17 - 5/19/2013: Overland Expo (Near Flagstaff, AZ) (Event & Tent/RV Camping)
I plan on being there as well. Probably Saturday into Sunday. I'll camp outside of the Expo, and either go Saturday then return home Sunday, or camp Saturday night, go to the expo Sunday, and then head home right after.
Old 02-28-2013
(Loren)
Advanced Member

Vehicle: 2000 Jeep Cherokee XJ
I'm thinking a weekend would be a good thing as well.
Old 02-28-2013
(Jeff)
Premium Member

Vehicle: 89 4Runner
I'm planning on going too and plan to be there for the entire weekend.
89 4Runner SR5: V6, Manual trans-33's-4:88's-Softopper-Tube doors-Bud Built Skids-Blazeland Long Travel-Detroit locker-ZUK mod-Custom sliders, front and rear bumpers - Asian manual Hubs

06 4Runner Sport: V8 - AWD - factory locker - 2.5" Bilstein lift w/OME rear springs - lots more planned, waiting for winning lottery numbers
Old 03-12-2013
(Kristoffer) (K1KRS)
Founder/Administrator

I've updated the first post...

- Offroad Passport is pleased to announce that we'll be exhibiting at this year's show! We'll have a booth and my rig will be setup for people to check out.

- We're setting up camp a couple miles from the expo where it's slightly more secluded but still with quick access to the show. Anyone is welcome! This will be a fun weekend, come camp with us even if you just do a single day pass to the expo.

I also put a note in the first post, but I could really use some help from our members at the show. G & D can't make it so I'm on my own manning the exhibit and could use a break once in a while. Just let me know if you can schedule an hour one of the days. If not, feel free to still drop buy and hang out to keep me company

And finally, we are looking for sponsors to cover some of the costs with the exhibit. If you or your company would like to make a donation we have several levels available with different rewards (get your logo on our signs & promotional materials, be in our press release, get a link to your site from us, etc). Please email info@offroadpassport.com for more info.
Old 03-13-2013
(Loren)
Advanced Member

Vehicle: 2000 Jeep Cherokee XJ
As of now, I am planning on being there on Saturday for sure and would be happy to spell you for awhile.
Old 04-07-2013
Basic Member

Vehicle: 1970 Ford Bronco
Suzuki Overland Expo
My wife and I are planning on camping with the group, arriving on Friday and attending the expo on Saturday. This will be our first overland expo experience. Just doing the one day pass this time to get an idea of what its all about. Hey, any excuse to get out of phoenix and camp in flagstaff!

One question is the camping site for member's only? I have some friends that may be interested in camping and attending the expo too.

Thanks
Andrew.
Old 04-07-2013
(Kristoffer) (K1KRS)
Founder/Administrator

Originally Posted by andrewnei View Post
My wife and I are planning on camping with the group, arriving on Friday and attending the expo on Saturday. This will be our first overland expo experience. Just doing the one day pass this time to get an idea of what its all about. Hey, any excuse to get out of phoenix and camp in flagstaff!

One question is the camping site for member's only? I have some friends that may be interested in camping and attending the expo too.

Thanks
Andrew.
anyone is welcome camp with us! just let me know how many total you're thinking so we can keep a general idea of the group size.