Offroad Passport Community Forum

Offroad Passport Community Forum (https://offroadpassport.com/forum/index.php)
-   Offroad Passport News & Info (https://offroadpassport.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Last Cinders Event (at the Cinders, at least) (https://offroadpassport.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5468)

Offroad Passport 08-16-2018 02:41 PM

Last Cinders Event (at the Cinders, at least)

Well folks, sorry for the last minute announcement, but we, The Offroad Passport Team, made a last minute decision.

This year's Cinders Event will be the LAST Cinders Event (AT the Cinders). We plan to continue having some sort of big annual party to celebrate Offroad Passport's Anniversary; however we feel the need to change things up. We want to go somewhere else, do something new, and we're not sure whether the raffle and games will continue.

The Cinders is always a blast, and we've really enjoyed brining it to you all these years! We appreciate everything each and every one of you has contributed over the years; The Cinders is a product of many great ideas and talents from countless members! It's been real!

Looking for some inspiration, insight and ideas, for new venues and stuff to do, so post 'em if you've got 'em!

Ladybug 08-16-2018 03:59 PM

I'm sure we can come up with ideas!! Are we still looking at mid-September, since this is an anniversary?
smiles, ladybug

dzJeepChic 08-16-2018 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ladybug (Post 51263)
I'm sure we can come up with ideas!! Are we still looking at mid-September, since this is an anniversary?
smiles, ladybug

Our anniversary month is actually in August, and the event used to be at the end of August. But then we realized we needed to wait until after August 31st to be sure everybody who entered the Member Appreciation Drawing got their name in the bucket (since we're out of cell range up there, we can't check it at the last minute). And then it got pushed up because nobody wanted to go on Labor Day weekend. And then it got pushed up because nobody wanted to go the weekend after Labor Day weekend since they already had Monday off. :D

Originally, way back in the day even before we started Offroad Passport, we chose this group site because it was cool enough in August, and we had the ramadas in case it rained. One time it rained a lot while we were there, and people moved their tents under the ramadas.

Curly 08-16-2018 08:04 PM

Dead Horse campground in cottonwood. Close to Sedona trails, Mingus, Smiley rock,etc. Very nice campground.

dzJeepChic 08-17-2018 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curly (Post 51273)
Dead Horse campground in cottonwood. Close to Sedona trails, Mingus, Smiley rock,etc. Very nice campground.

I've wondered about that place; never been there. Is it cool in August? I've also thought about campgrounds at one of the lakes in Prescott.

lofreqjeff 08-17-2018 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dzJeepChic (Post 51283)
I've wondered about that place; never been there. Is it cool in August? I've also thought about campgrounds at one of the lakes in Prescott.

Sounds like we need an exploratory camping trip soon! I've camped at Granite Basin lake in Prescott, but its been 8 years or more since I've been there. Katie and I have been thinking about going, maybe we'll have to make that happen sooner than later and come back with a report.

Curly 08-17-2018 09:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by dzJeepChic (Post 51283)

Dead Horse is probably not a good choice in August, I was thinking a Sept. date when I suggested it.

White horse lake, just south of Williams would be a good choice. They have a group campground, lots of forest trails all around, though nothing technical. Devon and I have been camping there since we were dating. Very nice lake and area. About 7k ft, so lower than Cinders, but higher than Prescott.

This is a view of the lake from the regular camp area. Group camp area is just out of sight to the upper left of the pic.
https://offroadpassport.com/forum/at...1&d=1534522711

mbuckner 08-17-2018 02:21 PM

Ditto on White Horse Lake

AZRNintheJeep242 08-19-2018 07:33 AM

How about something near Prescott area? Close to Jerome where there is 2 trails listed in the Wells book. Plus lots of other stuff to do in and around the area.
Also, Kaibab Lake is a nice area too and the campground there can accomodate up to 60+ people