Welcome, Guest.
Register Donate Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the Offroad Passport Community Forum!

This is a community for planning and discussing offroad adventures. All makes and models of offroad vehicles are welcome! Multi-day expedition-style trips are our main focus, but there are plenty of day runs, clinics, and tech-days as well.

The forum is free for Basic Membership! Optional Premium Membership includes such perks as exclusive professionally organized trips and events. Please note that you may view the forum as a guest, but will need to register in order to post or to access certain areas of the site.

Note: If you are already a registered member, please login to remove this message.

View Thread

Old 08-14-2013
(Kristoffer) (K1KRS)
Co-Founder

Vehicle: 2016 JK Unlimited Rubicon
Reputation: theksmith will become famous soon enoughReputation: theksmith will become famous soon enough
Car2 BMW drivers are jerks!!!
well, statistically speaking... especially if it's blue:

http://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/bmw...214456020.html
Old 08-14-2013
(KF7AJT)
Basic Member

Vehicle: 2004 Jeep LJ
Default Re: BMW drivers are jerks!!!
"Drivers of BMWs and other high-status cars (including Prius hybrids) were also more likely to cheat at four-way-stop intersections, according to the research."

Prius hybrids are high-status cars?
Old 08-14-2013
Premium Club Member

Vehicle: 2001 jeep cherokee
Originally Posted by theksmith View Post
http://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/bmw...214456020.html
"California Stops"

Mom recently scored a '13 BMW 650 Gran Coupe w/ M Power package in white, Mason calls it Granny Coupe.
It features Bi-turbo v-8 power to rocket-propel its 4,000lb mammoth curb weight from 0-60 in just 4 seconds. "It's like driving a computer" she's said, plus it parallel parks itself.
Whenever i go for a ride The Beach Boys' "Little Old Lady From Pasadena" comes to mind.
This car is one of the quickest & most exhilirating production vehicles i've driven hands down.
Better be, the monthly lease payment almost doubles my mortgage.
Did i mention the entire headliner as well as a, b & c pillars are all wrapped in suede?

BMW drivers might be jerks (i own american made vehicles only nowadays), however, after driving her car to & from La Jolla last June this very well could be The Ultimate Driving Machine.
Old 08-14-2013
(Kristoffer) (K1KRS)
Co-Founder

Vehicle: 2016 JK Unlimited Rubicon
Reputation: theksmith will become famous soon enoughReputation: theksmith will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by scottL View Post
"California Stops"

Mom recently scored a '13 BMW 650 Gran Coupe w/ M Power package in white, Mason calls it Granny Coupe.
It features Bi-turbo v-8 power to rocket-propel its 4,000lb mammoth curb weight from 0-60 in just 4 seconds. "It's like driving a computer" she's said, plus it parallel parks itself.
Whenever i go for a ride The Beach Boys' "Little Old Lady From Pasadena" comes to mind.
This car is one of the quickest & most exhilirating production vehicles i've driven hands down.
Better be, the monthly lease payment almost doubles my mortgage.
Did i mention the entire headliner as well as a, b & c pillars are all wrapped in suede?
BMW drivers might be jerks (i own american made vehicles only nowadays), however, after driving her car to & from La Jolla last June this very well could be The Ultimate Driving Machine.
but it can barely clear a speed-bump, no way it's getting through rocker-panel-pass!
Old 08-14-2013
(Loren)
Basic Member

Vehicle: 2000 Jeep Cherokee XJ
Originally Posted by jhart View Post
"Drivers of BMWs and other high-status cars (including Prius hybrids) were also more likely to cheat at four-way-stop intersections, according to the research."

Prius hybrids are high-status cars?
They are if you're a Taxi!
Old 08-19-2013
(Chris) (KI7FVF)
Basic Member

Vehicle: 2006 GMC Sierra Z71
I felt this way prior to hearing of this research. Don't get me wrong, I know plently of great people who own BMWs, but it seems more often than not the ones that seem full of themselves and are not easy to get along with own them.
Old 08-19-2013
(Diane) (KD7JPC)
Co-Founder

Vehicle: '92 XJ
Reminds me of this story I had posted in Jackass of the Day thread a couple summers ago:

I was turning left out of a shopping center parking lot today, when someone behind me began to honk their horn. I ignored the horn, and when it was safe to go, I went across all lanes to make the 1st left after exiting. As soon as I got going, the 'honker', I presume, came along my passenger side with his right middle finger extended in my general direction. I tried to shrug it off, and basically shook my head while gesturing I thought he was crazy, like my finger going in circles while pointed at the side of my head.

Apparently this was too much for him, and he swerved toward me, as if to pin my car between his and the cement abutment at the far left side of the road. Naturally I braked, and as I slowed he rolled down his window and was screaming and shaking his head and hand at me, although I couldn't hear him over the A/C & fans on high. He did manage to scare the crap out of me though, before roaring off ahead of me toward the intersection. Luckily he was going straight and I was going left, and there was a wide divider between the two. I did keep looking in his direction to be sure he wasn't out of his car marching toward me with a weapon or some other.

Several drivers who pulled up next to me gestured a shrug or signs of disbelief, so I'm assuming the guy seemed crazy to them too. Reflecting upon it on the way home, I realize maybe he would have pulled out sooner since he was going straight; he didn't have to go across all lanes like I did. Plus he was driving a big 7 series BMW, so surely he's more important than me and he can go faster. But even at that, it was probably less than a 15 second difference, and who would go completely ballistic over that? I wondered if the same thing would have happened if I'd been driving Clifford or Number 7; would the more aggressive vehicle made him mind his own business?

George said he must've thought I was a snowbird since I was driving the Dr's. Prius with Wisconsin plates, but even then, why would a person go completely ape like that? Seriously, I feel sorry for the guy who is so wrapped up in whatever is stressing him out to go completely Road Rage on a little gal in a Prius with Wisconsin plates. I just want to say: 'Seriously, don't take things so seriously'.

Oh, and thanks for the adrenelin rush, you putz.
Old 08-19-2013
(Loren)
Basic Member

Vehicle: 2000 Jeep Cherokee XJ
I was in the grocery store parking lot today and was leaving the parking lot on the main entrance when this BMW comes shooting down one of the parking lanes right across the driveway about 50mph. If I hadn't been paying attention I would have broadsided him and ruined his day with my XJ. Probably would have scuffed the paint on my bumper as it totaled his out.
Old 09-25-2013
Premium Club Member

Vehicle: 2001 jeep cherokee
Old 09-25-2013
(Diane) (KD7JPC)
Co-Founder

Vehicle: '92 XJ
Originally Posted by scottL View Post
See? That looked like a blue one, too.