Welcome, Guest.
Register Donate Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the Offroad Passport Community Forum!

This is a community for planning and discussing offroad adventures. All makes and models of offroad vehicles are welcome! Multi-day expedition-style trips are our main focus, but there are plenty of day runs, clinics, and tech-days as well.

The forum is free for Basic Membership! Optional Premium Membership includes such perks as exclusive professionally organized trips and events. Please note that you may view the forum as a guest, but will need to register in order to post or to access certain areas of the site.

Note: If you are already a registered member, please login to remove this message.

View Thread

Old 2 Weeks Ago
(Kristoffer) (K1KRS)
Co-Founder

Vehicle: 2016 JK Unlimited Rubicon
Reputation: theksmith will become famous soon enoughReputation: theksmith will become famous soon enough
Video Camera Automatic Tire Air-Up to a Pre-Set PSI
airing-up, the dreaded monotony at the end of every run - well, leave it to a lazy guy with ADHD to try and make it less painful.

on-board-air is one of those luxuries that once you have, you never want to be without. well it turns out it's fairly easy to take that to a whole new level of convenience!

no more over-inflating and having to let some air back out, or leaning over squeezing an inflator trigger for a couple minutes at each tire!

i've been running this setup for over a year and it's worked quite well.

full write-up coming in the next few days. i'll show you how to make use of the programmable pressure switch i mentioned in the video and explain why several features of that particular model are needed to make this idea work.

continued...

Last edited by theksmith; 1 Week Ago at 10:01 AM.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Basic Member

Vehicle: 2007 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Default Re: Automatic Tire Air-Up to a Pre-Set PSI
What a great idea!
Can't wait to find out more!
Old 1 Weeks Ago
(Diane) (KD7JPC)
Co-Founder

Vehicle: '92 XJ
I want!
Old 1 Week Ago
(Darryl)
Premium Club Member

Vehicle: 2017 Wrangler Willys Wheeler
This is the system that I'll be going to https://updownair.com/jeep-jk-2/. Looks very promising. this will be coupled with an ARB dual compressor and 5lb reservoir.
“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...” - Dr. Seuss
Old 1 Week Ago
(Kristoffer) (K1KRS)
Co-Founder

Reputation: theksmith will become famous soon enoughReputation: theksmith will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by AZRNintheJeep242 View Post
This is the system that I'll be going to https://updownair.com/jeep-jk-2/. Looks very promising. this will be coupled with an ARB dual compressor and 5lb reservoir.
another one of our members has that, maybe he'll chime in with how it's treating him...

that setup allows you to air-down all 4 at once to a pre-set PSI, but does it automatically stop at your desired pressure when airing-up? i was unclear on that part when i read about it. if not, then you could still combine my approach with it. either way, it's definitely another solution to the same problem and sure to save you some time.
Old 1 Week Ago
(Darryl)
Premium Club Member

My buddy that works @ Doetsch Offroad knows the guy that runs the company and it does shut off at the PSI you set the dial at. I am looking probably January or early February for this set up to get installed in my rig.
“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...” - Dr. Seuss
Old 1 Week Ago
(Kristoffer) (K1KRS)
Co-Founder

UpDownAir seem to be using a mini adjustable pressure regulator, like you would find on most any 110v compressor...

when i first started to experiment with this idea, i tried to make something similar and couldn't get it to air-up to a consistent pressure - but i was still doing a single tire at a time. i wonder if the "all 4 tires at once" approach is key to getting a mechanical regulator to work well, of if the regulator i tried was just junky.

i look forward to hearing a review from you once you have used the system!
Old 1 Week Ago
(Darryl)
Premium Club Member

Originally Posted by theksmith View Post
i look forward to hearing a review from you once you have used the system!
I will most definitely put one up here once I get installed and get to play with it.
Old 1 Week Ago
(Dan) (KJ7DAN)
Forum Vendor

Vehicle: Jeep JK Rubi Ultd 2013
Anyone tried this?

https://www.amazon.com/Longacre-52-5.../dp/B00EOZBN8A

Need a CB, HAM, Mic, Accessory Mount for your Jeep?

Visit our Online Store and follow us on Instagram, Facebook and/or Twitter
Old 1 Week Ago
(Kristoffer) (K1KRS)
Co-Founder

Originally Posted by JeepUniq View Post
Anyone tried this?

https://www.amazon.com/Longacre-52-5.../dp/B00EOZBN8A
i had looked at that and the reviews were kinda 50/50 so i never tried it. it's pretty much what i tried to make myself early on and didn't have consistent results with.

however, there are much more expensive electronic versions of that available. FYI - i think i saw some cheaper knock-offs on Alibaba - one of those might be worth testing since you have that Warn winch + compressor and probably don't want to hack on it!