Welcome, Guest.
Register Donate Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the Offroad Passport Community Forum!

This is a community for planning and discussing offroad adventures. All makes and models of offroad vehicles are welcome! Multi-day expedition-style trips are our main focus, but there are plenty of day runs, clinics, and tech-days as well.

The forum is free for Basic Membership! Optional Premium Membership includes such perks as exclusive professionally organized trips and events. Please note that you may view the forum as a guest, but will need to register in order to post or to access certain areas of the site.

Note: If you are already a registered member, please login to remove this message.

View Thread

Old 1 Week Ago
Basic Member

Vehicle: 2000 TJ
Default Camp site suggestions? On a lake
Camp site suggestions? I would like to find a great camp site for me and the family that is on the water and good for fishing and kayaking. The more remote the better. I can get about anywhere with my Jeep and trailer so prefer not so easy access. Remote and private. Not a camp ground. First week in October so probably not north rim, but anywhere else in AZ. Will be spending 3 or 4 days there. Any good suggestions come to mind?
Old 1 Week Ago
(George)
Co-Founder

Vehicle: Number 7
Default Re: Camp site suggestions? On a lake
The only one I can think of is the East side of Bartlett Lake. The Log Corral trail off the B-line highway is one route and the power line road from the Sunflower Mine area is the other. Hope this helps.
4:88 Gears / Super 35 Rear
Dana 30 Front w/ Warn Hubs
TeraLow 4:1 T-Case
OX Lockers

Every Dog Has His Day!
Old 1 Week Ago
(Kristoffer) (K1KRS)
Co-Founder

Vehicle: 2016 JK Unlimited Rubicon
Mittry Lake Wildlife Area near the Yuma Proving Ground might be cool enough in October... it's not super remote, but isn't a campground and was definitely very low traffic when we spent a night there back in 2010.

that was a long time ago, so check on the current rules for camping/fishing/boating before going.

some of the photos linked from Google Maps do show people Kayaking there: https://goo.gl/maps/iSfyBe1WmeP2

the nearby Yuma Proving Ground Open Air Museum is worth a quick stop while in the area.
Old 1 Week Ago
(Tim/Curly) (KF7INL)
Premium Club Member

Vehicle: 97 Jeep Wrangler
Mittry is a popular fishing hole and the snowbirds love it. They will boondock at all the water access sites. Early October is probably a good time to go, they won't be there in force yet. It will be warm like Phoenix though. I suggest jd dam/lake south of Williams. Enough water to kayak, fishing allowed (catch and release iirc) and camping in the forest nearby.