Welcome, Guest.
Register Donate Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the Offroad Passport Community Forum!

This is a community for planning and discussing offroad adventures. All makes and models of offroad vehicles are welcome! Multi-day expedition-style trips are our main focus, but there are plenty of day runs, clinics, and tech-days as well.

The forum is free for Basic Membership! Optional Premium Membership includes such perks as exclusive professionally organized trips and events. Please note that you may view the forum as a guest, but will need to register in order to post or to access certain areas of the site.

Note: If you are already a registered member, please login to remove this message.

View Thread

Old 4 Weeks Ago
Basic Member

Vehicle: Wrangler
Default Re: JK Wrangler Push-to-Start, Hands-Free Keyless Entry & Remote Start
Yeah, I never get any feedback from the omega once the learning is "successful". I'll take a look at flashing options and see what works.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Basic Member

Some new findings today.

Got on the phone with Omega, and they recommended that I have everything hooked up before I try to program the module. I gave it a shot and actually got the Easyguard start button to change color from blue to green! (never got that far.) Still no turn over, though. might give them a call again tomorrow to see what they have to say.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
(Kristoffer) (K1KRS)
Co-Founder

Vehicle: 2016 JK Unlimited Rubicon
Reputation: theksmith will become famous soon enoughReputation: theksmith will become famous soon enough
have you tried unplugging and replugging the 2 T-harness connectors in the steering column just to make sure those are solid?

other than that, my recommendation would be to forget the Easyguard for a minute and verify that the Omega side of things first...

to do that you can enable the Omegalink feature that does a remote-start just by pressing "unlock" on your factory remote 3 times. you'll have to re-flash the module and use all the same settings except under "Advanced Features" tab, change "Factory keyless RS sequence" to "3x unlock".

note that it would probably be best to do a complete reset of the module first, then do that new flash, then do the in-car config and programming steps again (just to be scientific about it and ensure your doing a clean/fresh try).

also i'd leave the Easyguard, your resistor pack, and the time-delay relay all disconnected so as to ensure there's no problems with any of those items or their wiring.

at that point, if you can't start the rig by just quickly pressing unlock 3 times on your factory remote, you know you have a problem with the Omega stuff (the actual module, it's flash or programming/config, or the T-Harness). their support should be able to help you get that working since it would be only their products involved at that point.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
(Kristoffer) (K1KRS)
Co-Founder

Reputation: theksmith will become famous soon enoughReputation: theksmith will become famous soon enough
i went back over all the instructions and the manuals and found a connection that i left out:

Easyguard 3P, Yellow (C, GWR Ground) === COMMON GROUND

i edited the original wiring post and added this in for future readers, but if you had everything else right, this would still definitely have prevented it from starting with the button! sorry about that.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Basic Member

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Reputation: evilteam00@gmail.com is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey theksmith. I'm having the exact same issue as Ballistix was and I'm stuck at the same spot. PKE works fine. Start button lights up. Blinks when I step on brake pedal. Turns green when I push to start my truck but it doesn't start up. I double checked my wiring, "successfully" configured the bypass (I put quotes because there's no indication of doing it right, but I followed the steps to program the bypass and it did everything it said it would). So now I'm stuck. I do notice that the light on bypass turns red when I attempt to start using the push button. I'm thinking it's a bypass issue but according to the instructions I programmed it properly. I also hooked it to start the truck with 3x times oem fob press and it worked so I'm sure I'm doing it right. Any ideas?
Old 2 Weeks Ago
(Kristoffer) (K1KRS)
Co-Founder

Originally Posted by evilteam00@gmail.com View Post
Hey theksmith. I'm having the exact same issue as Ballistix was and I'm stuck at the same spot. PKE works fine. Start button lights up. Blinks when I step on brake pedal. Turns green when I push to start my truck but it doesn't start up. I double checked my wiring, "successfully" configured the bypass (I put quotes because there's no indication of doing it right, but I followed the steps to program the bypass and it did everything it said it would). So now I'm stuck. I do notice that the light on bypass turns red when I attempt to start using the push button. I'm thinking it's a bypass issue but according to the instructions I programmed it properly. I also hooked it to start the truck with 3x times oem fob press and it worked so I'm sure I'm doing it right. Any ideas?
cool that you did the 3x lock test, at least you know the Omegalink flash & programming is good. so i'm thinking there's maybe a wiring issue between the Omegalink and the Easyguard...

first - did you see my last post about having missed documenting 1 important ground connection? do you have that?

next - if you hold the main push-to-start button down for a full 5 seconds, does anything behave differently? what about trying the remote start button for 3 seconds on the Easyguard remote?

double check your DIP switches on the Easyguard... also be sure that you didn't change them while it was connected to power. if you did, then just leave it disconnected for a while and then plug it back and in and it should register their current positions.

the fact that the Omegalink LED changes color when you try to start form the Easyguard button means at least they are talking somehow - i'll triple check the wire colors i documented against the instructions for both units and get back to you if i find anything wrong.

also, did you do configure that "prolong start" option on the Easyguard? even if you didn't then i think holding the start button for 5 seconds should still work.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Basic Member

Originally Posted by theksmith View Post
cool that you did the 3x lock test, at least you know the Omegalink flash & programming is good. so i'm thinking there's maybe a wiring issue between the Omegalink and the Easyguard...

first - did you see my last post about having missed documenting 1 important ground connection? do you have that?

next - if you hold the main push-to-start button down for a full 5 seconds, does anything behave differently? what about trying the remote start button for 3 seconds on the Easyguard remote?

double check your DIP switches on the Easyguard... also be sure that you didn't change them while it was connected to power. if you did, then just leave it disconnected for a while and then plug it back and in and it should register their current positions.

the fact that the Omegalink LED changes color when you try to start form the Easyguard button means at least they are talking somehow - i'll triple check the wire colors i documented against the instructions for both units and get back to you if i find anything wrong.

also, did you do configure that "prolong start" option on the Easyguard? even if you didn't then i think holding the start button for 5 seconds should still work.
I ordered the EasyGuard unit with the shock sensor (I didn't mean to) so I didn't get the 3pin gwr cable. I cut the shock sensor cable to use that instead but maybe it's different. I called customer service and they said it sounds like the gwr isn't activating. I'm gonna try again using the relay for gwr. When I press and hold the start button and on the remote the push start changes from blue to green but no start. It seems like the EasyGuard is doing it's job but it's just not passing it to my truck. I did not change the prolong start, I figured if I was close it would at least try to turn the engine over. I'll try that stuff when I get home later. Thanks.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Basic Member

Hi all,

Sorry for the late responses, just got back from out of town. I saw the missing orange wire post as soon as I was about to leave and figured it was best left till i got back. I actually plan on redoing the entire harness, since some of the wire are shorter in length than others. So I went out and got some extra wire and will make the entire thing one uniform length.

@evilteam - Glad to see you working on this project too, and having more success than me. I saw on your profile tab that you're running a Dodge Ram? Is that the car you're working on with this?
Old 1 Week Ago
Basic Member

Yeah I'm doing this on a 2014 Ram 1500. My connections are a bit different because of a different t harness I'm using. I'm sure I'm successfully programming the bypass, I get all the red and green lights the instructions say I should. I also can't get into accessory mode with the single press of the push start button. I'm gonna take it all apart and try again making sure all connections are correct but I'm sure they are. I'm about ready to give up, it's really frustrating...
Old 1 Week Ago
(Kristoffer) (K1KRS)
Co-Founder

Originally Posted by evilteam00@gmail.com View Post
Yeah I'm doing this on a 2014 Ram 1500. My connections are a bit different because of a different t harness I'm using. I'm sure I'm successfully programming the bypass, I get all the red and green lights the instructions say I should. I also can't get into accessory mode with the single press of the push start button. I'm gonna take it all apart and try again making sure all connections are correct but I'm sure they are. I'm about ready to give up, it's really frustrating...
i hear ya, but sounds like you're super close so don't give up!

have you tried disconnecting the Easyguard, the resistors, and the time-delay relay - then:

- unlock your vehicle with the factory fob
- ground the GWR input on the Omegalink
- touch the "Start" input on the Omegalink to +12v for a second or two (till it tries to start)

if that doesn't at least crank, then be sure you selected "hardwired" during both the flashing of the Omegalink and the initial configuration step after it was installed. also make sure all the connectors on the Omegalink are plugged in securely.

if that does start it, then let me know and we'll see what we can do to troubleshoot the Easyguard.

good luck!