Welcome, Guest.
Register Donate Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the Offroad Passport Community Forum!

This is a community for planning and discussing offroad adventures. All makes and models of offroad vehicles are welcome! Multi-day expedition-style trips are our main focus, but there are plenty of day runs, clinics, and tech-days as well.

The forum is free for Basic Membership! Optional Premium Membership includes such perks as exclusive professionally organized trips and events. Please note that you may view the forum as a guest, but will need to register in order to post or to access certain areas of the site.

Note: If you are already a registered member, please login to remove this message.

View Thread

Old 1 Week Ago
(Marc)
Premium Club Member

Vehicle: 2015 JK Unlimited Rubicon
Default Re: OLD member, new ride.
Originally Posted by theksmith View Post
yay pics! we just did a trip to Anza in the spring. there, Big Bear, the Mojave Preserve, Calico, and Corral Canyon OHV areas are all reasonably close to you.

the heat is indeed insane right now, glad you didn't hike and die! i hope you guys took lots of water?

what does Julie think of the Jeep, and driving offroad?
She likes it a lot better than the BMW, we brought 2 gal of water and we didn’t go that far. The heat was bearable, I just wasn’t expecting the wind, it was like when you are cooking something in the oven and you open the door and get that whoosh of hot air in your face. I LOVE Palm Springs when it’s 120, this was just very different because of the wind.

My only frustration right now is that I just bought a vehicle capable of going off road, and all the good off road places near me are now burning down.