Welcome, Guest.
Register Donate Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the Offroad Passport Community Forum!

This is a community for planning and discussing offroad adventures. All makes and models of offroad vehicles are welcome! Multi-day expedition-style trips are our main focus, but there are plenty of day runs, clinics, and tech-days as well.

The forum is free for Basic Membership! Optional Premium Membership includes such perks as exclusive professionally organized trips and events. Please note that you may view the forum as a guest, but will need to register in order to post or to access certain areas of the site.

Note: If you are already a registered member, please login to remove this message.

View Thread

Old 4 Weeks Ago
(Karen) (KG7UHP)
Premium Club Member

Vehicle: 2004 Jeep LJ Wrangler
Default Re: Where Do You Want to Go in 2020? Calendar Planning & Ideas Discussion
Originally Posted by theksmith View Post

leading a run or even a whole trip really doesn't have to be a big ordeal! ...you DON'T have to pre-run it and you DON'T have to have all the answers! we've got a great bunch of easy-going members here that understand sometimes you need to turn around or change up the plan last minute.

1 - pick a trail from a map/book/website/etc.
2 - chose a date and a place/time to meet up
3 - start a post inviting people to come with you

..that's really all there is to it!

So True!!! I have been known to lead people on Plan A and ultimately end up on Plan F! I just always make sure everyone knows that I am not a professional at this, and those who come with me need to have a smiles and good attitudes for my mishaps! LOL! (plus I do like to explore too!)
smiles, ladybug
Old 4 Weeks Ago
(Benny)
Premium Club Member

Vehicle: 2015 JKU Rubicon
Default Re: Where Do You Want to Go in 2020? Calendar Planning & Ideas Discussion
Originally Posted by dzJeepChic View Post
We're planning on running the Ducy Ershim next year, which is Rubicon-esque. I think it's more difficult though. I'll be gathering information and post what I find.
I'm friends with the people who have permission to run the Cracks in Heber, but I've never been. We were invited a few times, but the camping conditions were pretty harsh if you don't have a camper or RV, so we skipped.
Awesome I will keep an eye out for the Ducy Ershim info. If your friends ever invite you to the Cracks again tell them you have a lonely friend who lives in Pinetop that needs friends
Old 4 Weeks Ago
(Chris)
Premium Club Member

Vehicle: 2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I am ok, leading again a trip into the Vermilion Cliffs, Arizona Strip (east side, west side or east to west side or whatever is interesting for others), Moab or an exploration trip north of Lake Powell (Grand Bench, Warm Creek Overlook, Mollies Nipple....).... Also Hatch Canyon, Big Ridge and Panorama Point are an option in the Maze District.
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon with 4'' Coilover Lift, 40'' Toyo MT, UD60´s front and rear axle, Warn winch, Genright front bumper, TNT Customs rock sliders, Rockhard underbody protection, CB, 5.7 l VVT Hemi....
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Basic Member

Vehicle: toyota
Decent, need to accomplish something like this with mine.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
(Diane) (KD7JPC)
Co-Founder

Vehicle: '92 XJ
Originally Posted by ALFONZO View Post
Decent, need to accomplish something like this with mine.
What?
Old 3 Weeks Ago
(Diane) (KD7JPC)
Co-Founder

Vehicle: '92 XJ
Originally Posted by ChrisD View Post
I am ok, leading again a trip into the Vermilion Cliffs, Arizona Strip (east side, west side or east to west side or whatever is interesting for others), Moab or an exploration trip north of Lake Powell (Grand Bench, Warm Creek Overlook, Mollies Nipple....).... Also Hatch Canyon, Big Ridge and Panorama Point are an option in the Maze District.
Awesome Christian! Let me know if you want any assistance from me.

Oh! And feel free to post the Rocktoberfest and March Madness events here too if you want.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
(Chris)
Premium Club Member

Originally Posted by dzJeepChic View Post
Awesome Christian! Let me know if you want any assistance from me.

Oh! And feel free to post the Rocktoberfest and March Madness events here too if you want.
Ok, so Rocktoberfest is coming up in October and March Madness in march 2020. I will post up descriptions, as soon as we have fixed the trails.
The only one, I can tell you now, is Pig Iron, which we run in October.
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon with 4'' Coilover Lift, 40'' Toyo MT, UD60´s front and rear axle, Warn winch, Genright front bumper, TNT Customs rock sliders, Rockhard underbody protection, CB, 5.7 l VVT Hemi....
Old 3 Weeks Ago
(Darryl) (KJ7HLL)
Premium Club Member

Vehicle: 2017 Wrangler Willys Wheeler
I am making it a point to make the Vermilion Cliffs trip in 2020 since I had to back out the last 2 years. Fingers crossed for no family emergencies in 2020.

Originally Posted by ChrisD View Post
“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...” - Dr. Seuss
Old 3 Weeks Ago
(Chris)
Premium Club Member

Originally Posted by AZRNintheJeep242 View Post
I am making it a point to make the Vermilion Cliffs trip in 2020 since I had to back out the last 2 years. Fingers crossed for no family emergencies in 2020.
Cool !
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Administrator

Vehicle: All Varieties
Reputation: Offroad Passport is an unknown quantity at this point
Jeep Re: Where Do You Want to Go in 2020? Calendar Planning & Ideas Discussion
Here's some of the trips we're working on:

Parker Trails 4x4 Difficult, Dec 2019
Researching to see if there are also some fun moderate trails in the area
Holiday Partay January 4th, 2020

Island in the Sky District of Canyonlands / White Rim Trail, Schafer Trail / Potash Road 4x4 Easy to Moderate, 2 - 3 Days April/May 2020
  • Going to try for Canyonland camping permits for dates soon after Easter Jeep Safari
  • Exact dates will depend on what permits we can get, should be around January/February when we know
  • Optional - stay in Utah (or join us) after the Canyonlands for 3 - 4 days running moderate & difficult trails from hotel/cabins - location tba
  • Details to follow
Ducy Ershim Trail 4x4 Difficult, late summer 2020

Kingman Easy & Moderate Trails dates unk.
  • Working on a possible 3 - 4 days of easy to moderate trails in the Kingman area
  • Possible camping or hotel/airbnb
  • Possible trails: Gold King Mansion, Secret Pass, Painted Rocks, Safelite, Sleeping Princess, Jeep Cove at Lake Mohave