Welcome, Guest.
Register Donate Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the Offroad Passport Community Forum!

This is a community for planning and discussing offroad adventures. All makes and models of offroad vehicles are welcome! Multi-day expedition-style trips are our main focus, but there are plenty of day runs, clinics, and tech-days as well.

The forum is free for Basic Membership! Optional Premium Membership includes such perks as exclusive professionally organized trips and events. Please note that you may view the forum as a guest, but will need to register in order to post or to access certain areas of the site.

Note: If you are already a registered member, please login to remove this message.

Closed Thread
View Thread

Old 11-19-2015
(Kristoffer) (K1KRS)
Co-Founder

Vehicle: 2016 JK Unlimited Rubicon
Reputation: theksmith will become famous soon enoughReputation: theksmith will become famous soon enough
Rock Crawl 11/27/2015 Black Friday Run: Log Corral: near Fountain Hills, AZ: Moderate 4x4

11/27/2015 Black Friday Run: Log Corral: near Fountain Hills, AZ: Moderate 4x4

escape from the insanity of Black Friday shopping! join us on the trail instead!

FYI - if you can't make this run or want an easier one, join on Saturday instead: http://offroadpassport.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4495

Meet:
9:00 AM - Fountain Hills, AZ - Circle K / Shell Gas Station on Shea Blvd near Hwy 87
map: https://goo.gl/maps/FSkVFVTca6z

Important Info:
- this is a fairly long trail, expect to be out all day depending on group size.
- be sure to top off your fuel in fountain hills before we leave.
- bring a lunch and plenty of water.
- bring a chair to relax by the lake while we have lunch and BS.

About the Trail:
the Log Corral Trail starts out quickly with a 100 yard rock crawl rated a strong moderate. the rest of the trail is scenic and rated easy to moderate. we'll climb in elevation a bit and cross over a saddle with nice views of Bartlett lake and 4 Peaks Mountain, then descend down to Bartlett for lunch. afterwards we'll turn around and come back out the same way we came in.

Rig Requirements:
- a high clearance 4x4 with low range.
- skid plates on anything important, rock rails, a mild lift, 32"+ aggressive tread tires - a locker is very helpful.
- a cb or ham radio if you want to hear us talk about you.
- seat belts, current registration, insurance, all that legal stuff you need to be on the road with anyway.

Attending:

theksmith (leading)
defectivemonk
scottL
jnrich1
netmunky (tentative)
cavu2 (tentative)

Open to Anyone, just reply to this thread to sign-up!

Last edited by theksmith; 11-26-2015 at 05:59 AM.
Old 11-19-2015
(Diane) (KD7JPC)
Co-Founder

Vehicle: '92 XJ
Default Re: 11/27/2015 Black Friday Run: Log Corral: near Fountain Hills, AZ: Moderate 4x4
We're in
Old 11-19-2015
Premium Club Member

Vehicle: 2001 jeep cherokee
Default Re: 11/27/2015 Black Friday Run: Log Corral: near Fountain Hills, AZ: Moderate 4x4
me too please.
Old 11-19-2015
(Gavin) (KG7ELS)
Basic Member

Vehicle: 2006 Jeep Wrangler
my wife and i are tentatively joining, if i can get the in-laws to watch the kiddies
Old 11-21-2015
(Kevin) (K7KEF)
Premium Club Member

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep JK Rubicon
I think I can make this one too!
2010 JK Rubicon "Vaal" • Rock Krawler X-Factor Mid-Arm 3.5" • Bilstein Shocks • OldManEmu Steering • BFG 35x12.5x17 KM/2 • Bushwhacker Aluminum Fenders • GenRight Aluminum Bumpers • RubiRails • Rock Hard Aluminum Full Skid • Rugged Ridge EvapSkid • RSE Dana 44 Skids • Short Headers • Magnaflow Exhaust • B&M Sport Shifter 6sp Man • Terraflex HD-Alpha Carrier • Rotopax2.5 • Rigid E-Series 10" Combo • Rigid SAE Driving Lights • Bulldog Synthetic 9500 Winch

1994 Chevrolet K1500 4x4 Suburban "Expedition Wagon" • ProComp 6" Lift • BFG 35x12.50x17 KM/2 • Chassis Unlimited Full Sliders • Transmission Cooler • Expedition Rack • Extreme HighLift • JW Speaker LED Headlamps • LED Front/Rear • Rockford Fosgate 10" Sub

CAVU2 - Clear Above Visibility Unrestricted
Old 11-22-2015
(Jerry & Nancy)
Basic Member

Vehicle: 2015 Jeep Rubicon Hard Rock
Newby here would like to join the trip. Experiences in moderate to difficult trails.
Old 11-22-2015
(Kristoffer) (K1KRS)
Co-Founder

Reputation: theksmith will become famous soon enoughReputation: theksmith will become famous soon enough
ok, you're all on the list!
Old 11-26-2015
(Diane) (KD7JPC)
Co-Founder

Vehicle: '92 XJ
Boo! I'm sad to say we're not going to be able to go.
But I'll see you at the shell station to bring you a surprise I got you K.
Old 11-26-2015
Premium Club Member

Vehicle: 2001 jeep cherokee
Gotta bail too. Jeep no longer shifts into 4 low. Might be time to go back to 4 wheeler supply with my complaint flag. Sorry guys
Old 11-27-2015
(Kristoffer) (K1KRS)
Co-Founder

alright you posers, we'll still be there - hopefully someone shows!
Closed Thread