Welcome, Guest.
Register Donate Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the Offroad Passport Community Forum!

This is a community for planning and discussing offroad adventures. All makes and models of offroad vehicles are welcome! Multi-day expedition-style trips are our main focus, but there are plenty of day runs, clinics, and tech-days as well.

The forum is free for Basic Membership! Optional Premium Membership includes such perks as exclusive professionally organized trips and events. Please note that you may view the forum as a guest, but will need to register in order to post or to access certain areas of the site.

Note: If you are already a registered member, please login to remove this message.

View Thread

Old 02-14-2018
(Diane) (KD7JPC)
Co-Founder

Vehicle: '92 XJ
Default 2/17/18: Sunflower Mine Bridge Recon & Picnic, Sunflower, AZ, 4x4 Easy to Moderate
Sorry for the short notice! We're going to go see what's up with the bridge on the Sunflower Mine Loop. Signs have been installed saying the bridge is out, but a friend told us you can bypass it. So we're just going to drive down to the bridge, check it out, have a picnic lunch, and return the same way we went in. The trail is rated a strong moderate with some possible difficult (we haven't been there in a while, you know how mother nature can change things up!).

Photo credit to Kaspily, AKA Sarah

Meet up:

9:30 AM at the Baja gas station (Chevron) on Hwy 87 and Fort McDowell Rd: Map link here...

REQUIREMENTS:
- experienced drivers in a high-clearance vehicle with 4x4 low range, a mild lift with good articulation, oversize A/T or M/T tires, and good armor/skids.
- a working CB or ham radio
- drivers and vehicles must meet all state/federal legal requirements (seatbelts, insurance, etc.)

OTHER INFO:
- bring a lunch, plenty of water, a camera, and an easy-going attitude!
- not sure when we'll be done, probably air up by 3 or 4pm.
- CB channel 4 or ham simplex 146.46MHz

Trail Leaders:

Number 7 & dzJeepchic

Attending:

scottL

Last edited by dzJeepChic; 02-16-2018 at 06:02 PM.
Old 02-14-2018
(Dan) (KJ7DAN)
Forum Vendor

Vehicle: Jeep JK Rubi Ultd 2013
Default Re: 2/17/18: Sunflower Mine Bridge Recon & Picnic, Sunflower, AZ, 4x4 Easy to Moderate
I would love to join you guys, but I don't know if Ruby will be ready by then. All her interior is striped out, including all the seats.

I'll update you if anything changes.

Need a CB, HAM, Mic, Accessory Mount for your Jeep?

Visit our Online Store and follow us on Instagram, Facebook and/or Twitter
Old 02-16-2018
Premium Club Member

Vehicle: 2001 jeep cherokee
Default Re: 2/17/18: Sunflower Mine Bridge Recon & Picnic, Sunflower, AZ, 4x4 Easy to Moderate
I’m in.
Old 02-17-2018
(Kristoffer) (K1KRS)
Co-Founder

Vehicle: 2016 JK Unlimited Rubicon
Reputation: theksmith will become famous soon enoughReputation: theksmith will become famous soon enough
i'll be at the gas station, i may come with you and walk the rock crawl if you're going in the normal loop direction
Old 02-17-2018
(Diane) (KD7JPC)
Co-Founder

Vehicle: '92 XJ
Originally Posted by theksmith View Post
i'll be at the gas station, i may come with you and walk the rock crawl if you're going in the normal loop direction
going in the normal loop direction, just to the samdog bridge & back.
Old 02-17-2018
(Kevin) (K7KEF)
Premium Club Member

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep JK Rubicon
Rats missed this! Jeep in shop but Burb was ready... see you next time.
2010 JK Rubicon "Vaal" • Rock Krawler X-Factor Mid-Arm 3.5" • Bilstein Shocks • OldManEmu Steering • BFG 35x12.5x17 KM/2 • Bushwhacker Aluminum Fenders • GenRight Aluminum Bumpers • RubiRails • Rock Hard Aluminum Full Skid • Rugged Ridge EvapSkid • RSE Dana 44 Skids • Short Headers • Magnaflow Exhaust • B&M Sport Shifter 6sp Man • Terraflex HD-Alpha Carrier • Rotopax2.5 • Rigid E-Series 10" Combo • Rigid SAE Driving Lights • Bulldog Synthetic 9500 Winch

1994 Chevrolet K1500 4x4 Suburban "Expedition Wagon" • ProComp 6" Lift • BFG 35x12.50x17 KM/2 • Chassis Unlimited Full Sliders • Transmission Cooler • Expedition Rack • Extreme HighLift • JW Speaker LED Headlamps • LED Front/Rear • Rockford Fosgate 10" Sub

CAVU2 - Clear Above Visibility Unrestricted