Welcome, Guest.
Register Donate Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the Offroad Passport Community Forum!

This is a community for planning and discussing offroad adventures. All makes and models of offroad vehicles are welcome! Multi-day expedition-style trips are our main focus, but there are plenty of day runs, clinics, and tech-days as well.

The forum is free for Basic Membership! Optional Premium Membership includes such perks as exclusive professionally organized trips and events. Please note that you may view the forum as a guest, but will need to register in order to post or to access certain areas of the site.

Note: If you are already a registered member, please login to remove this message.

View Thread

Old 03-13-2018
(Diane) (KD7JPC)
Co-Founder

Vehicle: '92 XJ
Default 3/17/2018 9:30 - 2:30 Ladies Trail Training Class, Mesa, AZ
My friend Charlene Bower is conducting a Ladies ONLY Trail Training Class this Saturday (sorry for the short notice). I highly recommend this amazing training to all my 4x4 dirt loving girls! DO IT! You will be SO empowered by this! Even if you're in the passenger seat and only there to take pictures and make sandwiches, this class is for you, because you never know when your skills are going to be needed to get back home! If nothing else, you'll learn how to change a 37" tire by yourself, even if you're a little pipsqueak like me.

Phoenix - Mesa - Tucson - AZ LADIES! - Join us for this special one time Trail Training class at 4 Wheel Parts Mesa taught by I4WDTA certified trainer Charlene Bower. Saturday, March 17, 9:30-2:30. Includes lunch and a lot of hands-on learning with a WARN winch, Hi-Lift Jacks and Accessories, Pull Pal, how to change a Tire, plus a lot more recovery, driving and spotting techniques!

Register today, spots are limited. www.ladiesoffroadnetwork.com/trail-training

Attached Images:
Old 03-14-2018
(Jason)
Premium Club Member

Vehicle: 99 XJ Sport
Default Re: 3/17/2018 9:30 - 2:30 Ladies Trail Training Class, Mesa, AZ
My wife was thinking about going to this.
Old 03-14-2018
(Diane) (KD7JPC)
Co-Founder

Originally Posted by Azoutlaw480 View Post
My wife was thinking about going to this.
She should do it! It's a lot of fun, and very empowering.
Old 03-14-2018
(Jeff & Katie)
Premium Club Member

Vehicle: 89 4Runner
Katie really wants to go but she has another appointment that can't be missed - is this something that will come around again? I see it says 'One time only' though.

I think it would be super beneficial for her to go to. Do you think we could do another ORP offroading 101 class thing again? that was fun, educational and a great way to get everyone involved and interacting
Cecil - 1989 4Runner SR5: Rebuilt 3.0 V6 w/upgraded cams, bored .30 over, ported & polished, balanced crank, Doug Throley Headers & custom exhaust w/ high flow cat, Bosch 4 port fuel injectors; Factory R150f manual trans w/Marlin Crawler 1200 lb HD clutch, Marlin Crawler built t-case with 4.7 crawl gear; Custom fab'd SAS: 85 4Runner front axle, Trail Gear diff armor & truss, Longfield Chromoly axles & birfields w/ factory Toyota eLocker, FJ60 brakes; Detroit locker in rear; 5:29 gears; Old Man Emu leaf springs in front, 57" leaf springs in the rear; 315/75/16's (35's); Custom sliders and front & rear bumpers, Softopper, Tube doors, Bud Built Skids

Nameless 2017 4Runner SR5 Premium Daily Driver: 4.0 V6 auto; 2.5" Bilstein lift w/OME FJ rear springs; 33" Nitto Terra Grapplers
Old 03-14-2018
(Jason)
Premium Club Member

Vehicle: 99 XJ Sport
^^ this!

i think thats a great idea Jeff! My inlaws are new members. The JKU is their first 4x4 vehicle too. I know theyd love that.
Old 03-14-2018
(Diane) (KD7JPC)
Co-Founder

Originally Posted by lofreqjeff View Post
Katie really wants to go but she has another appointment that can't be missed - is this something that will come around again? I see it says 'One time only' though.

I think it would be super beneficial for her to go to. Do you think we could do another ORP offroading 101 class thing again? that was fun, educational and a great way to get everyone involved and interacting
As far as I know, the Ladies training this weekend is a one time only. But knowing Charlene I could come back around I suppose.

Originally Posted by Azoutlaw480 View Post
^^ this!

i think thats a great idea Jeff! My inlaws are new members. The JKU is their first 4x4 vehicle too. I know theyd love that.
We don't currently have plans to put on a 101, but I'll bring it up at our next planning meeting. It was a lot of fun for sure!
Old 03-14-2018
(Sarah)
Basic Member

Vehicle: 2002 Jeep Overland
I will be there. Hope to see some other ORP members!
Old 03-14-2018
(Jeff & Katie)
Premium Club Member

Vehicle: 89 4Runner
Originally Posted by dzJeepChic View Post
We don't currently have plans to put on a 101, but I'll bring it up at our next planning meeting. It was a lot of fun for sure!

I'd be happy to help out in anyway I can to plan and execute this
Cecil - 1989 4Runner SR5: Rebuilt 3.0 V6 w/upgraded cams, bored .30 over, ported & polished, balanced crank, Doug Throley Headers & custom exhaust w/ high flow cat, Bosch 4 port fuel injectors; Factory R150f manual trans w/Marlin Crawler 1200 lb HD clutch, Marlin Crawler built t-case with 4.7 crawl gear; Custom fab'd SAS: 85 4Runner front axle, Trail Gear diff armor & truss, Longfield Chromoly axles & birfields w/ factory Toyota eLocker, FJ60 brakes; Detroit locker in rear; 5:29 gears; Old Man Emu leaf springs in front, 57" leaf springs in the rear; 315/75/16's (35's); Custom sliders and front & rear bumpers, Softopper, Tube doors, Bud Built Skids

Nameless 2017 4Runner SR5 Premium Daily Driver: 4.0 V6 auto; 2.5" Bilstein lift w/OME FJ rear springs; 33" Nitto Terra Grapplers
Old 03-16-2018
(Marcus)
Premium Club Member

Vehicle: 2008 Toyota FJC
Another vote for you having another 101 class. It sure helped me out!
Old 03-16-2018
(Diane) (KD7JPC)
Co-Founder

Originally Posted by kaspily View Post
I will be there. Hope to see some other ORP members!
Cool Sarah, you're going to love it. Tell Charlene I said hi.