Welcome, Guest.
Register Donate Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the Offroad Passport Community Forum!

This is a community for planning and discussing offroad adventures. All makes and models of offroad vehicles are welcome! Multi-day expedition-style trips are our main focus, but there are plenty of day runs, clinics, and tech-days as well.

The forum is free for Basic Membership! Optional Premium Membership includes such perks as exclusive professionally organized trips and events. Please note that you may view the forum as a guest, but will need to register in order to post or to access certain areas of the site.

Note: If you are already a registered member, please login to remove this message.

View Thread

Old 01-31-2018
Premium Club Member

Vehicle: 2001 jeep cherokee
Default XJ Trim Levels
Checking out Chris' new ride got me curious about different trim levels offered on the 84-01 Jeep Cherokee. Mine is the 2001 Sport model. Which trim level do you have?

Taken from Wikipedia:

Base - 1984–1993 / SE - 1994–2001 included: vinyl or cloth upholstery, full-faced steel wheels, and AM radio with two speakers. SE replaced Base in 1994.

Chief - 1984–1990 included: cloth plaid-pattern upholstery, and AM/FM radio with two speakers.

Pioneer - 1984–1990 included: cloth plaid-pattern upholstery, steel wheels and AM radio with two speakers.
  • Pioneer Olympic Edition - 1988 included: cloth upholstery, AM/FM radio with two speakers, and air conditioning.

Wagoneer - 1984–1990 included: ribbed cloth upholstery with leather trim, faux maple-wood interior accents with wood laminate exterior decals, alloy wheels, AM/FM radio with cassette player and four speakers, infrared (single-button) remote keyless entry for 1990 model year, overhead console for 1990 model year, dual power seats, and air conditioning.

Laredo - 1985–1992 included: chrome accenting, cloth plaid-pattern (1985-1987) or "luggage fabric" (1988-1992) upholstery with the option of "Briarwood" style leather-and-vinyl seats for the 1992 model year only, five-spoke alloy wheels, AM/FM radio with four speakers and the option for six Jensen AccuSound speakers, infrared (single-button) remote keyless entry (if equipped with power locks) optional overhead console, optional dual power seats, and air conditioning. Replaced by the Country in 1993.

Limited - 1987-1992, 1998–2001 included: monotone paint, leather-and-vinyl upholstery, sun roof, color-keyed lace-spoke wheels, AM/FM radio with cassette player and six Jensen AccuSound speakers, infrared (single-button) remote keyless entry, overhead console, dual power seats, and air conditioning. Rejoined the lineup in 1998 to replace the Country.

Sport - 1988–2001 included: cloth-and-vinyl upholstery, AM/FM radio with four speakers, full-faced steel or optional alloy wheels, optional infrared (single-button) (1988-1996) or radio frequency (dual-button) (1997-2001) keyless entry (if equipped with power locks), and air conditioning.
Briarwood - 1991–1992 (succeeded Wagoneer) included: leather-and-vinyl upholstery, faux maple-wood interior accents with wood laminate exterior decals, lace-spoke wheels, AM/FM radio with cassette player and six Jensen AccuSound speakers, infrared (single-button) remote keyless entry, overhead console, dual power seats, and an air conditioner.

Country - 1993–1997 included: two-tone paint similar to "Laredo" with upgraded color-keyed pinstripe and the option for "champagne" gold along with silver as accent options, the replacement of several interior, formerly chrome accents with flat black (Base and Sport models, as well, starting in 1993 model year), cloth-and-vinyl ("luggage fabric") upholstery with the option for leather (excluding 1993 model year), faux mahogany-wood interior accents, lace-spoke wheels, AM/FM radio with cassette player and four speakers with the option for six Jensen AccuSound speakers, optional overhead console (excluding 1993 model year), infrared (dual-button) (1993-1996) or radio frequency (dual-button) (1997) remote keyless entry (if equipped with power locks), optional dual power seats, and air conditioning. Replaced by the Classic and Limited in 1998.

Classic - 1996, 1998–2001 included: monotone paint color, cloth upholstery, alloy wheels, AM/FM radio with cassette player and four speakers, infrared (dual-button) remote keyless entry, overhead console, and air conditioning. Briefly replaced by the Limited in 1997, and rejoined the lineup below the Limited in 1998.

Orvis - 1999–2000, Limited-production model, only available in the United Kingdom, included: Special Orvis badging, special Orvis floor mats (with enamel logos stitched into them), 16" 'Icon' alloy wheels with a two-tone color scheme, false hood vents, tailgate spoiler with integrated LED brake light, ruffled leather seats with 6-way electric adjustment, leather door-panels, leather spare wheel cover. Orivs logo embossed into each headrest, golden Orvis logo on top of the ashtray lid. AM/FM radio with cassette, remote keyless entry, cruise control, passenger side heated mirror and air conditioning. Available with the 4.0-liter AMC 242 inline-six with the Aisin AW-4 4-speed automatic. Also available was the VM Motori 2.5-liter Turbo Diesel four-cylinder engine with either the automatic or a 5-speed manual transmission

Freedom - 2000 included: special badging, SE appearance group on sport body, 16" Ultrastar alloy wheels (the same as the 1998 5.9L ZJ), AM/FM radio with cassette, radio frequency remote keyless entry and air conditioning. Based on the Sport trim level. Available in 2wd or 4wd.

60th Anniversary - 2001 included: special badges, special floor mats, monotone paint color, 16" alloy wheels, AM/FM radio with cassette, radio frequency remote keyless entry and air conditioning. Based on the Sport trim level. 2001-only model.
Old 01-31-2018
(Jason)
Premium Club Member

Vehicle: 99 XJ Sport
Default Re: XJ Trim Levels
I believe I have a Classic or Limited as I have the overhead info center.

Cloth interior and 4 speakers.
Old 01-31-2018
(David) (k9bxj)
Premium Club Member

Vehicle: 01 Jeep Cherokee
Limited, leather, overhead, four speakers.
Old 02-01-2018
(Adriaan) (ZS1AVN)
Premium Club Member

Vehicle: 1998 Jeep Cherokee XJ Limited
I have a Limited. I have a full grey leather interior, speakers in front doors and a rear "sound bar" on the roof above the bench seat, power seats and windows, full abs front and rear, wood grain interior panels and an overhead console with a info center (DTE, temperature, fuel economy etc).

I was thinking about it the other day that it must've been quite a pleasure driving these XJ's 20 years ago (mine is a 1998)!
Old 02-01-2018
(Jason)
Premium Club Member

Vehicle: 99 XJ Sport
My aunt had a brand new first gen ZJ Loredo in that dark forest green. Man i loved that thing. It did seem very advanced with the info station and plush interior.
Old 02-01-2018
(Diane) (KD7JPC)
Co-Founder

Vehicle: '92 XJ
Clifford is a Laredo, but I have no idea how he was equipped from the factory. By the time I got him the front seats, stereo, etc. had been replaced. We've been able to maintain most of the exterior chrome trim.