Welcome, Guest.
Register Donate Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the Offroad Passport Community Forum!

This is a community for planning and discussing offroad adventures. All makes and models of offroad vehicles are welcome! Multi-day expedition-style trips are our main focus, but there are plenty of day runs, clinics, and tech-days as well.

The forum is free for Basic Membership! Optional Premium Membership includes such perks as exclusive professionally organized trips and events. Please note that you may view the forum as a guest, but will need to register in order to post or to access certain areas of the site.

Note: If you are already a registered member, please login to remove this message.

View Thread

Old 09-25-2011
Administrator

Vehicle: All Varieties
Reputation: Offroad Passport is an unknown quantity at this point
Camera How do I post pictures?
Option 1: Use the Attachments feature (the paper-clip icon in the New Post toolbar). This is easy; it creates thumbnails of the pics. This works great if you just want to quickly put up one or two photos (or share any kind of file).

To make the attachment appear larger in your posts, you can go a step further.

Now you'll have the picture listed in the "Current Attachments" list.

Click on the orange writing to open the attachement, and a new browser window will open.

Click in the upper left corner to highlight the image url (it says: your picture at offroadpassport.com/... ), right click, choose copy.

Close the attachment browser window, close the attachment management window.

Click the 'picture' icon in the post.

As soon as it opens press the 'Ctrl & V' keys at the same time to paste the image url into it.

Alternately, you may place your cursor into the space provided making sure the http: remains highlighted, right-click, and select Paste.

Now the image will appear larger in the post.

Option 2: Use a photo hosting site to upload your pics to, then link to them in your post. This puts the large pics right in the post where it's easy for everyone to see. You can also then choose to just post a few pics here in the forum while providing a link to the host site for people that want to see your full album.

The best instructions I've yet found on how to do this are here: http://www.tintdude.com/posting-pics.html

WebShots, Flickr, Picasa, and other free hosting sites besides PhotoBucket work well too, however PhotoBucket is often the easiest for new users.

Attached Images:
File Type: jpg Attachment How to.jpg (127.5 KB, 154 views)
File Type: jpg Insert image.jpg (111.6 KB, 153 views)
File Type: jpg Enter URL.jpg (128.4 KB, 155 views)
Old 02-16-2012
(Diane) (KD7JPC)
Co-Founder

Vehicle: '92 XJ
Default Re: How do I post pictures?
Updated the post above to include 'How to enlarge attachments'.

Diane
Old 02-16-2012
(Marcus)
Premium Club Member

Vehicle: 2008 Toyota FJC
So, by using option #1, I can directly upload pics from my computer? Or, must they first be loaded into the OP gallery?

Edit. Okay, I've got the first part down. I'll try the second. This is much easier than downloading into my gallery first!
Old 02-16-2012
(Diane) (KD7JPC)
Co-Founder

Vehicle: '92 XJ
Originally Posted by Lichen View Post
So, by using option #1, I can directly upload pics from my computer? Or, must they first be loaded into the OP gallery?

Edit. Okay, I've got the first part down. I'll try the second. This is much easier than downloading into my gallery first!
Yes, I saw that you had figured out the attachment method. Glad you were successful and happy you're trying!
Old 02-16-2012
(Ted)
Basic Member

Vehicle: '06 KJ (Liberty)~Stock
For what it's worth I have found that Photobucket is the best for a couple of reasons. Granted, you have to have two windows/tabs open, but the images are resized automagically and it reduces the load on the forums site as it doesn't have to store you pics as well.

My $.02 worth.