Welcome, Guest.
Register Donate Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the Offroad Passport Community Forum!

This is a community for planning and discussing offroad adventures. All makes and models of offroad vehicles are welcome! Multi-day expedition-style trips are our main focus, but there are plenty of day runs, clinics, and tech-days as well.

The forum is free for Basic Membership! Optional Premium Membership includes such perks as exclusive professionally organized trips and events. Please note that you may view the forum as a guest, but will need to register in order to post or to access certain areas of the site.

Note: If you are already a registered member, please login to remove this message.

View Thread

Old 03-13-2019
(Diane) (KD7JPC)
Co-Founder

Vehicle: '92 XJ
Default Re: JK Wrangler Push-to-Start, Hands-Free Keyless Entry & Remote Start
Originally Posted by theksmith View Post
(once it gets that cold again)!
Maybe Friday night up north!?!
Old 03-13-2019
Basic Member

Vehicle: 2016 Jeep Wrangler
Got it working. At least for 24 hours so far. So I hooked up everything originally and forgot to attach the buzzer I bought for the easyguard. Being stubborn I tried to set the prolong status without it. My issue was I was not exiting out of the setup to close the loop and save the 1.8 sec. change. Went back in, connected it and tried again with success. thanks for the input Kris / Matts74.
Old 03-13-2019
Basic Member

Vehicle: 2016 JKU
Default Great Work!!!
It’s game changing isn’t it? My rig is my semi-daily driver so not messing with buttons and carrying all my work gear just opening and going is a nice feature.

Quick update on the key front. Followed Advice here and got transponder keys and key blanks. Today I had them cut by a locksmith shop in Tempe.

I’m gluing with the intention of drilling and pressing roll pins in once the glue dries.
Old 03-14-2019
(Kristoffer) (K1KRS)
Co-Founder

Vehicle: 2016 JK Unlimited Rubicon
Reputation: theksmith will become famous soon enoughReputation: theksmith will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by matts74 View Post
It’s game changing isn’t it? My rig is my semi-daily driver so not messing with buttons and carrying all my work gear just opening and going is a nice feature.

agreed 100%!

"Remote Proximity Keyless Entry" is a $495 factory option on the new Wrangler JL. actually worth every penny IMO - i wouldn't buy a new vehicle without it now.
Old 03-14-2019
Basic Member

Absolutely game changing. I just received my transponder keys as well. I didnt read further ahead when ordering the EasyGuard so I got the standard fobs. Going to try and see if I can make those blanks work in those first before ordering the others.
Old 03-14-2019
Basic Member

Originally Posted by OneEyedWilly View Post
Absolutely game changing. I just received my transponder keys as well. I didnt read further ahead when ordering the EasyGuard so I got the standard fobs. Going to try and see if I can make those blanks work in those first before ordering the others.
I used this Fob. It was my choice and space for the key was a consideration. I ordered 3 Easyguard units and picked the one with the fob that took the Jeep blank key without a fight.

AB1400EA-1F20-4851-A06E-C8546832F621.jpg

This is the key in the FOB head. Trade off is I have to hold the fob near the ignition to get an emergency start.

2690D203-E63F-4F4B-A3BF-3999FA495118.jpeg

Matt
Old 03-15-2019
Basic Member

Thanks Matt. Was just going back and forth with Eddy on new fobs. This helps a lot.
Old 03-30-2019
Basic Member

Vehicle: Wrangler
Hi all,

Finally got some time in with the rig today, but no forward progress.

Got the LED wired in and was able to visually see the feedback from the system. Did the standard 5x3x5 to prolong crank, but still shutting down after a second or so from start. Two things i think might be causing this:

A. I looked in the manual again and it says in order to get to the 1.8 crank time, the button should be pressed twice, as three times resets it back to the default .8 seconds.
B. There was some talk about a blue wire needed to be patched or re-wired back into the system. Could this also be causing this issue?

Also on another note: does anyone know what setting would need to be changed to unlock all doors on approaching the vehicle, i noticed mine only unlocks driver's door. Would be handy to have all open when coming in with a armful of groceries or the like.

Thanks for the extra help, feel like I'm so close to this, hate to rip it all out.
Old 03-30-2019
Basic Member

The setting to unlock all the doors is in the jeep's "personal" settings menu that you can get to from the wheel buttons or the stalk depending on your model year.

I used +12v on the tach wire of the easyguard to cure the start and die issue. It is a suggestion on the faq of the easyguard site (ieasyguard.com).

Let us know how it works out.

Matt
Old 03-30-2019
Basic Member

I had the exact same problem with the timing. Once I rewired the blue tach to a 12v source as Matts talked about my issues went away. My only issue left to troubleshoot is the relay to stop it from shutting off after 45 min. Somewhere my wiring on the relay harness is off. Hoping to dive into it tomorrow.

You will regret it if you pull everything out. Hang in there. Seems like the 12v wire us your last hurdle.