Welcome, Guest.
Register Donate Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the Offroad Passport Community Forum!

This is a community for planning and discussing offroad adventures. All makes and models of offroad vehicles are welcome! Multi-day expedition-style trips are our main focus, but there are plenty of day runs, clinics, and tech-days as well.

The forum is free for Basic Membership! Optional Premium Membership includes such perks as exclusive professionally organized trips and events. Please note that you may view the forum as a guest, but will need to register in order to post or to access certain areas of the site.

Note: If you are already a registered member, please login to remove this message.

View Thread

Old 03-03-2019
Basic Member

Vehicle: 2016 JKU
Default Re: JK Wrangler Push-to-Start, Hands-Free Keyless Entry & Remote Start
Interesting weekend of work on this project between other obligations. I learned a few things off the bat. My fortin EVO-ALL arrived defective, and I spent a lot of time with a broken unit. No worries - my omega unit was still on my desk and ready to pinch hit.

Omega install is "EASY" with the guide Kris has provided here, even easier.

Two key notes:

EasyGuard Shock sensor model install needs a relay to provide Ground When Running (GWR)

Originally Posted by Ballistix View Post
Success!! (A little bit.) Looks like grounding that GWR wire really helped. ; ) I finally got the car to start now with the Start button, but now it only stays on for about a second, and then cuts out.

Engine Starts and dies - after some research and review of ieasyguard.com - I gave the EASY Guard 12v from the omega on the "oil pump line" which is supposed to be the tach line. My tach is adjusted for larger tires and as a result the EASY Guard didn't like my omega tach signa. this worked

As of now everything works as expected. I am going to cheat and use my replacement fortin when it arrives with the mobile phone "MYCAR" to get remote mobile phone starts by cascading the fortin bypass with the omega at the t-harness. I'll be sure to create a thread and share.

I am committed to doing the easyguard and mobile phone with the fortin alone, and documenting this for everyone. After the summer is over I will buy another easyguard and fortin to make it work. (My daughter will be getting a jeep soon so this is an ok investment for me).

Thank you Kris for all your effort to document this - and man what an amazing addition to my jeep. Wish I had this for the last 2 years.

Matt

Still have
Old 03-05-2019
Basic Member

Easyguard has gone totally dead as of tonight. Worked perfectly up until powering off and entering the house. Replaced fob batteries but no success. Have contacted Easyguard for support.
Old 03-05-2019
(Kristoffer) (K1KRS)
Co-Founder

Vehicle: 2016 JK Unlimited Rubicon
Reputation: theksmith will become famous soon enoughReputation: theksmith will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by matts74 View Post
Interesting weekend of work on this project between other obligations. I learned a few things off the bat. My fortin EVO-ALL arrived defective, and I spent a lot of time with a broken unit. No worries - my omega unit was still on my desk and ready to pinch hit.

Omega install is "EASY" with the guide Kris has provided here, even easier.

Two key notes:

EasyGuard Shock sensor model install needs a relay to provide Ground When Running (GWR)

Engine Starts and dies - after some research and review of ieasyguard.com - I gave the EASY Guard 12v from the omega on the "oil pump line" which is supposed to be the tach line. My tach is adjusted for larger tires and as a result the EASY Guard didn't like my omega tach signa. this worked

As of now everything works as expected. I am going to cheat and use my replacement fortin when it arrives with the mobile phone "MYCAR" to get remote mobile phone starts by cascading the fortin bypass with the omega at the t-harness. I'll be sure to create a thread and share.

I am committed to doing the easyguard and mobile phone with the fortin alone, and documenting this for everyone. After the summer is over I will buy another easyguard and fortin to make it work. (My daughter will be getting a jeep soon so this is an ok investment for me).

Thank you Kris for all your effort to document this - and man what an amazing addition to my jeep. Wish I had this for the last 2 years.

Matt

Still have

great work!

that tach output on the Omegalink is actually an AC signal, but many microcontroller inputs would still "see" that as averaging maybe 9V DC or higher, and it appeared to be working though i wasn't 100% feeling good about using it. i simply couldn't find a +12v output on the Omegalink that was only ON when the rig was actually running...

anyway, hard-wiring the "oil pump" input on the Easyguard to a switched +12v instead should certainly be fine and is going to be my first step in troubleshooting my issue with the cold starts once i'm ready to open the dash back up.

again, nice job and i'm really happy to see someone else get this working!

Originally Posted by matts74 View Post
Easyguard has gone totally dead as of tonight. Worked perfectly up until powering off and entering the house. Replaced fob batteries but no success. Have contacted Easyguard for support.
fortunately, i haven't had any issues like that (no problems that weren't my own doing basically). hopefully Eddy gets you sorted out quickly. he'll probably ask you to double check all your wiring/connections and fuses first.

FYI - if you're powering everything from the Omega T-Harness like i did, then make sure the Omegalink is still working and that it's really just the Easyguard that died. there's a fuse inside the little plastic box portion of the T-Harness.
Old 03-06-2019
Basic Member

Thanks Kris. Yes while it all worked for the last few days it was glorious. The first check I did was on the Omega. Put it in stand alone mode and Lock lock lock worked. I contacted Eddy and he did ask me to double check wires. He suspects its the RF sensor. I’m sure it will get sorted.

Matt
Old 03-11-2019
Basic Member

Vehicle: 2016 Jeep Wrangler
Either of you had any issue with the EasyGuard not saving the ProLong start settings? Hooked everything up and all lock functions work, remote start works and then shuts off after 5 seconds. Did the 1.8 second addition and all seemed to work multiple times running until I turned it off. Went in the house and came back out an hour later to show the wife and back to the 2-3 second runtime before shutting off. Is doing this on the single tap, hold for 5 seconds, and the remote start. Any ideas? It's like it's not holding memory.
Old 03-11-2019
Basic Member

Originally Posted by OneEyedWilly View Post
Either of you had any issue with the EasyGuard not saving the ProLong start settings? Hooked everything up and all lock functions work, remote start works and then shuts off after 5 seconds. Did the 1.8 second addition and all seemed to work multiple times running until I turned it off. Went in the house and came back out an hour later to show the wife and back to the 2-3 second runtime before shutting off. Is doing this on the single tap, hold for 5 seconds, and the remote start. Any ideas? It's like it's not holding memory.

That sounds more like your tach. I had an issue with mine, try giving +12 directly to the easyguard on the blue "oil pump line".

Matt
Old 03-11-2019
(Kristoffer) (K1KRS)
Co-Founder

Reputation: theksmith will become famous soon enoughReputation: theksmith will become famous soon enough

i had that same experience when i read the instructions too quickly and didn't notice it was the LOCK button to enter and save settings, but the REMOTE-START button to change the crank time...

- lock button 5 times with brake pressed to enter into settings modes.
- then remote-start button 3 times with brake NOT pressed to change to max crank time.
- and finally lock button 5 times again with brake pressed to save settings.
Old 03-11-2019
Basic Member

Vehicle: 2016 Jeep Wrangler
Thanks fellas. I'll give both a try tomorrow and see what transpires. Big thanks to you Kris by the way. Your instructional with links to everything you purchased was extremely helpful... Now if we could only convince you to keep coloring more buttons and selling them.. Haha. I kid. Your button looks 10x better then the blue... But then again, I haven't got to see green a whole hell of a lot yet, so maybe it will grow on me.
Old 03-13-2019
(Kristoffer) (K1KRS)
Co-Founder

Thanks fellas. I'll give both a try tomorrow and see what transpires. Big thanks to you Kris by the way. Your instructional with links to everything you purchased was extremely helpful... Now if we could only convince you to keep coloring more buttons and selling them.. Haha. I kid. Your button looks 10x better then the blue... But then again, I haven't got to see green a whole hell of a lot yet, so maybe it will grow on me.
i didn't think the default colors looked bad, the LED's just seemed way too bright IMO. maybe adding a small resistor inline to dim them a bit would make for a more OEM appearance.

Last edited by theksmith; 03-13-2019 at 08:48 AM.
Old 03-13-2019
(Kristoffer) (K1KRS)
Co-Founder

based on the discussion with matts74, i went ahead and edited the original main wiring post to indicate that the Easyguard oil/fuel pump input should be wired to a switched +12v instead of trying to use the AC tach output of the Omegalink.

Omega harness 6P F, Red/White (12v +Out) === Easyguard 6P, Red #1 (+12v In) *AND* Easyguard 20P, Blue (Oil/Fuel Pump +In)
Omega module 10P, Purple/White (Tach +Out) === N/C

i also updated my own wiring with this change and i'll let you all know if that fixes my issue where it wouldn't stay running after it sits all night in near freezing temps (once it gets that cold again)!