Welcome, Guest.
Register Donate Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the Offroad Passport Community Forum!

This is a community for planning and discussing offroad adventures. All makes and models of offroad vehicles are welcome! Multi-day expedition-style trips are our main focus, but there are plenty of day runs, clinics, and tech-days as well.

The forum is free for Basic Membership! Optional Premium Membership includes such perks as exclusive professionally organized trips and events. Please note that you may view the forum as a guest, but will need to register in order to post or to access certain areas of the site.

Note: If you are already a registered member, please login to remove this message.

View Thread

Old 09-20-2010
(Kristoffer) (K1KRS)
Co-Founder

Vehicle: 2016 JK Unlimited Rubicon
Reputation: theksmith will become famous soon enoughReputation: theksmith will become famous soon enough
Default SOLD: JEEP WJ (Grand Cherokee) Axles for sale, Dana 44a (44HD) / Dana 30 + Aussie/ARB Lockers
FOR SALE

- WJ Rear Dana 44A (44HD), 4.56 Gears, Aussie Locker, PowerSlot rotors, 2 spare axle shafts (the spares are slightly bent, but work as trail spares)

- WJ Front Dana 30, 4.56 Gears, ARB Locker, PowerSlot rotors, JKS Tierod, JKS Draglink, JKS Track-bar, 2 complete spare axle shafts with unit-bearings (no issues with spare shafts, just had higher miles so I replaced them proactively and kept them for spares)

Asking $1,700, Or Best Offer - PM me your offer if interested and we'll see what we can work out!

This is a great setup if you are going with 33's or smaller or do milder wheeling but you want lockers. You can bolt it in yourself in your driveway. Keep in mind also, that if you have the limited slip axles currently, you would have to buy new carriers and new shafts in order to put lockers in... with this package you can take care of everything at once.

The rotors are slightly warped, you don't notice it at all driving around town, but when you really get on the brakes like coming off a freeway, you feel the pulsing. The pads are only a few months old.

The front ball-joints where replaced with Moog just a few months ago. The front control arm bushings, the shafts (cv joints), the TRE's, and the unit-bearings all have less than 10k miles. The front gears and locker have less than 15k miles on them.

The rear gears I originally got with these axles made a little noise, so new gears where put in less than 5k miles ago and are quiet. The rear shafts and seals were replaced as well less thank 5k miles ago.

Aussie lockers are noisy, they click noticeably on tight turns in parking lots, it's normal but be prepared for this.

If you're local to AZ, I'm sure we can work out a pickup/dropoff. If you're not in AZ, then you'll need to get shipping/crating figured out, best I can do is drop them off at a trucking company or whatever here in Phoenix - I have no way to package them for you (I have no truck, have to carry them in Jeep).

EDIT 9/21: my axle swap has been delayed till first week in November, these axles will actually be ready to pickup/ship then. I am leaving the ad up now because I know such a large purchase takes time to plan.
Old 09-21-2010
Basic Member

Vehicle: 08 jeep grande cherokee laredo
Default Re: SOLD: JEEP WJ (Grand Cherokee) Axles for sale, Dana 44a (44HD) / Dana 30 + Aussie/ARB Lockers
Sounds like a good deal. To bad I don't have a wj
Old 11-01-2010
Basic Member

Vehicle: 2001 WJ Grand
Default Re: SOLD: JEEP WJ (Grand Cherokee) Axles for sale, Dana 44a (44HD) / Dana 30 + Aussie/ARB Lockers
do you have them out, very interested
Old 11-01-2010
(Kristoffer) (K1KRS)
Co-Founder

Vehicle: 2016 JK Unlimited Rubicon
Reputation: theksmith will become famous soon enoughReputation: theksmith will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by tbutterfield View Post
do you have them out, very interested
sorry, i should have taken this ad down - my other axle swap is temporarily delayed, not sure when i'll have these for sale. thanks.