Welcome, Guest.
Register Donate Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the Offroad Passport Community Forum!

This is a community for planning and discussing offroad adventures. All makes and models of offroad vehicles are welcome! Multi-day expedition-style trips are our main focus, but there are plenty of day runs, clinics, and tech-days as well.

The forum is free for Basic Membership! Optional Premium Membership includes such perks as exclusive professionally organized trips and events. Please note that you may view the forum as a guest, but will need to register in order to post or to access certain areas of the site.

Note: If you are already a registered member, please login to remove this message.

View Thread

Old 11-11-2013
(LO PHAT)
Basic Member

Vehicle: It's a Jeep thing.
Default Table Mesa Virgins' Run -- Sunday, November 17, 2013

This is a run for those of you who are Table Mesa virgins!

What:

This will be another one of LO PHAT's crazy runs. That means you must come with a great attitude, be willing to try various challenges and obstacles, and plan for the possibility of the unexpected. Other than the leader and the tail gunner, only drivers who have never previously wheeled at Table Mesa are allowed on this run. Vehicle requirements are 33" tires with two lockers or 35" or larger tires with at least one locker. All vehicles must have a suspension lift, recovery points, recovery gear, and a spare tire. Body damage will be possible. I reserve the right to refuse a request to sign up for this run if I feel that the driver and/or vehicle requirements are not met.

Where:

Table Mesa

The goal is to make this a moderate run with many optional obstacles of greater difficulty for those who want to test themselves and their vehicles. Since I am one of the virgins, however, I'm relying on the advice of others. The four trails currently being planned include Raw Deal, Lower Terminator, Upper Terminator, and Predator. Any of these trails could be changed to a more difficult trail depending on the desires of the virgins signed up for the run.

When:

Sunday, November 17, 2013

We will be meeting at the Chevron gas station at I-17 and Carefree Highway (3150 W Carefree Highway) at 6:00 am. This will hopefully have us airing down around 6:45 am to ensure plenty of time for four or more trails. Be sure to pack plenty of water, food, and warm clothing for a full day of wheeling!

Why:

Duh! If you have to ask, please move along to the next thread...

Who:

Confirmed (currently capped at one experienced leader, one very loose tail gunner, and four inexperienced virgins)
  1. TreeKiller -- green YJ -- Table Mesa stud -- LEADER
  2. LO PHAT -- green XJ -- incredibly eager to lose virginity
  3. SCOT68 -- white TJ -- willing to lose virginity with constant reassurance
  4. endlessearth -- 4Runner -- as inexperienced as the pastor's daughter
  5. Pop -- green JK -- figures if everyone else is doing it he might as well get his cherry popped too
  6. OLM -- "monster" CJ7 -- promiscuous Table Mesa whore -- TAIL GUNNER

Standby

Looking for a Passenger Seat (four seats available)
  • jmfrxjxpert
  • gearhead
  • dustin g
  • Megan_G

Last edited by LO PHAT; 11-15-2013 at 06:58 PM. Reason: updated lists
Old 11-11-2013
(Kristoffer) (K1KRS)
Co-Founder

Vehicle: 2016 JK Unlimited Rubicon
Reputation: theksmith will become famous soon enoughReputation: theksmith will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Table Mesa Virgins' Run -- Sunday, November 17, 2013
moderate or difficult? (i.e. more like raw deal, or the hard stuff?)
Old 11-11-2013
(LO PHAT)
Basic Member

LO PHAT's Four Simple Rules

1) TREAD LIGHTLY! -- Keep your vehicle on the trail at all times. Don't throw any trash or cigarette butts on the ground. If you find trash along the trail please help by picking it up.

2) Keep the driver behind you in sight at all times. -- By doing this the driver behind you will know which turn you took, and you will know if he/she is experiencing any trouble. If you don't see the driver behind you stop. Don't worry about getting left behind. The driver in front of you will then also stop when he/she doesn't see you. This is often called the "rubber band" effect. The group will stretch out in the open areas and tighten back up in the twisty or difficult parts of the trail.

3) No drinking and driving. -- If you want one beer with lunch feel free to bring it. Beyond that leave the adult beverages at home.

4) Buckle up. -- Make sure that everyone in your vehicle is wearing a seat belt whenever your vehicle is in motion.

Old 11-11-2013
(LO PHAT)
Basic Member

Originally Posted by theksmith View Post
moderate or difficult? (i.e. more like raw deal, or the hard stuff?)
LOL! You are fast (I hadn't even finished posting yet), but your reading comprehension sucks (see quote below).

Originally Posted by LO PHAT View Post
Where:

Table Mesa

(The trails will be announced shortly...)
My goal is to make this a moderate run that has many optional obstacles of greater difficulty for those who want to test themselves and their vehicles. Since I am one of the virgins, however, I'm relying on the advice of others. The four trails currently being planned include Raw Deal, Lower Terminator, Upper Terminator, and Predator, but any of those could certainly change.

Are you by any chance a Table Mesa virgin, Kristoffer?

Last edited by LO PHAT; 11-11-2013 at 09:46 PM.
Old 11-11-2013
(Kristoffer) (K1KRS)
Co-Founder

Vehicle: 2016 JK Unlimited Rubicon
Reputation: theksmith will become famous soon enoughReputation: theksmith will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by LO PHAT View Post
LOL! You are fast (I hadn't even finished posting yet), but your reading comprehension sucks (see quote below).

My goal is to make this a moderate run that has many optional obstacles of greater difficulty for those who want to test themselves and their vehicles. Since I am one of the virgins, however, I'm relying on the advice of others. The four trails currently being planned include Raw Deal, Lower Terminator, Upper Terminator, and Predator, but any of those could certainly change.

Are you by any chance a Table Mesa virgin, Kristoffer?
i've done raw deal a couple times, whichever terminator is easier, and predator.... but i wouldn't be able to find any of them again except raw deal!

and my comprehension is good, it had been "shortly", very shortly though
Old 11-12-2013
Premium Club Member

Vehicle: 2001 jeep cherokee
you guys just named 3 of my favorite Arnold movies
Old 11-14-2013
(LO PHAT)
Basic Member

There is only one open spot left. Speak up if you want it and meet the run requirements.