Welcome, Guest.
Register Donate Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the Offroad Passport Community Forum!

This is a community for planning and discussing offroad adventures. All makes and models of offroad vehicles are welcome! Multi-day expedition-style trips are our main focus, but there are plenty of day runs, clinics, and tech-days as well.

The forum is free for Basic Membership! Optional Premium Membership includes such perks as exclusive professionally organized trips and events. Please note that you may view the forum as a guest, but will need to register in order to post or to access certain areas of the site.

Note: If you are already a registered member, please login to remove this message.

View Thread

Old 05-02-2017
(Diane) (KD7JPC)
Co-Founder

Vehicle: '92 XJ
Smile More Exciting News for dzJeepchic!
Last year I became involved with the Ladies Offroad Network after entering a contest to be Charlene Bower's Co-Driver at 1 of 3 events. Since then LON has grown exponentially, I am a 'Featured Lady' on the LON website, and even became a Brand Ambassador.

I'm very happy to announce that Offroad Passport is sending me to the inaugural Ladies Offroad Convention this August in Colorado Springs, CO! It's going to be 3 days of learning and fun with other women in the industry.

Friday we'll attend 4 seminars of our choice plus 1 mandatory one called "Offroading Style" covering safety, spotting, and pulling a winch line. Our choices will include: Recovery 101 & 202, Outdoor Photography, How To Back Up a Trailer, Racer Strategy, Offroad Marketing for Business and Racing, Vehicle Sympathy and Maintenance, Navigation 101, Offroad Business Round Table, Kids on the Trails, Cooking Outdoors, Overlanding 101, and more. Convention planners are urging us to take at least one seminar out of our comfort zone, and I'm thinking How to Back Up a Trailer might be on my agenda.

On Saturday there are a bunch of adventures we can choose from, one of which particularly piques my interest: Cog-Train to top of Pikes Peak - Train down, Hike down or Bike down. Pikes Peak! Sign me up!!!

Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings we will have motivational and informational speakers who are all top women in the offroad industry. Oh, and there will be line-dancing lessons - fun!

Besides all the fun I know I'm going to have, the friendships I'm bound to make, and the networking opportunities, I hope to come home with some new knowledge and skills valuable in my role at Offroad Passport. Oh, and how to back up a trailer.

How it all started: the finalists in the 2016 Co-Driver Challenge:

Old 05-02-2017
(Darryl)
Premium Club Member

Vehicle: 2017 Wrangler Willys Wheeler
Default Re: More Exciting News for dzJeepchic!
Congrats. Have fun & learn lots! Sounds like a great weekend!
Old 05-02-2017
(Steve) (KG7EWF)
Premium Club Member

Vehicle: CJ7 - OlBlue
Cool beans "D". Enjoy the experience...
Old 05-02-2017
(KF7AJT)
Basic Member

Vehicle: 2004 Jeep LJ
That's great! Congratulations, and have fun!
Old 05-02-2017
(Dan) (KJ7DAN)
Forum Vendor

Vehicle: Jeep JK Rubi Ultd 2013
Congrats Diane! Have Fun!

Need a CB, HAM, Mic, Accessory Mount for your Jeep?

Visit our Online Store and follow us on Instagram, Facebook and/or Twitter
Old 05-02-2017
(Wayne)
Premium Club Member

Vehicle: 97 tj & 80 CJ5 & 96 xj
awesome Diane, congrats
Old 05-03-2017
Premium Club Member

Vehicle: 2001 jeep cherokee
Congratulations Diane! Eww, salad? Who is going to feed George while you're in CO?
Old 05-03-2017
(Diane) (KD7JPC)
Co-Founder

Vehicle: '92 XJ
Thanks everyone! It's very exciting!

Originally Posted by scottL View Post
Congratulations Diane! Eww, salad? Who is going to feed George while you're in CO?
Funny you would mention that, because George told me that salad is a stupid favorite food. So I told him he's stupid because a person can't help what their favorite food is. Meanwhile K said he figured it depends on what kind of salad, and while ALL salad is good in my opinion, if I had to choose I'd say Chinese chicken salad, which he said is a reasonable favorite food. I still don't get why that's a weird favorite food. It's the first thing I'm looking for when we get back from multi-day trips.

G knows how to eat on his own so he'll be fine while I'm in CO...

Last edited by dzJeepChic; 05-03-2017 at 12:37 PM.
Old 05-03-2017
(Jeff & Katie)
Premium Club Member

Vehicle: 89 4Runner
Congratulations Diane! Can't wait to hear about it when you get back - enjoy yourself and come back with a wealth of knowledge to share
Cecil - 1989 4Runner SR5: Rebuilt 3.0 V6 w/upgraded cams, bored .30 over, ported & polished, balanced crank, Doug Throley Headers & custom exhaust w/ high flow cat, Bosch 4 port fuel injectors; Factory R150f manual trans w/Marlin Crawler 1200 lb HD clutch, Marlin Crawler built t-case with 4.7 crawl gear; Custom fab'd SAS: 85 4Runner front axle, Trail Gear diff armor & truss, Longfield Chromoly axles & birfields w/ factory Toyota eLocker, FJ60 brakes; Detroit locker in rear; 5:29 gears; Old Man Emu leaf springs in front, 57" leaf springs in the rear; 315/75/16's (35's); Custom sliders and front & rear bumpers, Softopper, Tube doors, Bud Built Skids

Nameless 2017 4Runner SR5 Premium Daily Driver: 4.0 V6 auto; 2.5" Bilstein lift w/OME FJ rear springs; 33" Nitto Terra Grapplers
Old 05-03-2017
Premium Club Member

Vehicle: 2001 jeep cherokee
Originally Posted by dzJeepChic View Post
Thanks everyone! It's very exciting!

Funny you would mention that, because George told me that salad is a stupid favorite food. So I told him he's stupid because a person can't help what their favorite food it. Meanwhile K said he figured it depends on what kind of salad, and while ALL salad is good in my opinion, if I had to choose I'd say Chinese chicken salad, which he said is a reasonable favorite food. I still don't get why that's a weird favorite food. It's the first thing I'm looking for when we get back from multi-day trips.

G knows how to eat on his own so he'll be fine while I'm in CO...
Too each their own! I love bbq ranch chicken salads from Cheesecake Factory but their salads are really more like a full course meal over a bed of lettuce.

Hope you have a wonderful time in Colorado.