Welcome, Guest.
Register Donate Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the Offroad Passport Community Forum!

This is a community for planning and discussing offroad adventures. All makes and models of offroad vehicles are welcome! Multi-day expedition-style trips are our main focus, but there are plenty of day runs, clinics, and tech-days as well.

The forum is free for Basic Membership! Optional Premium Membership includes such perks as exclusive professionally organized trips and events. Please note that you may view the forum as a guest, but will need to register in order to post or to access certain areas of the site.

Note: If you are already a registered member, please login to remove this message.

View Thread

Old 10-04-2017
(Jim)
Premium Club Member

Vehicle: 2006 LJ
Default First aid tape that actually sticks
If you're tired of crap tape from the drugstore that doesn't stick even when your skin is perfectly clean and dry try:

BSN Medical Leukotape P Sports Tape, 1 1/2 Inch x 15 Yard https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000E59HXC..._LOv1zbHCCRBME

I've used this product for two seasons now, mostly on other people, and it really works. I had a chance to use it on myself this summer walking the beach and kayaking in SC. Occasionally wading in and out of the saltwater didn't faze it.

It's the best medical tape I've used since real duct tape and it's easier on your surrounding skin than duct tape when you do need to remove it.

Note: This tape is tough to tear and sticks tenaciously to itself. Best to pack small scissors on a SAK or small leatherman with scissors if you expect to use the tape on the trail and need a piece less than the 1 1/2" width.

Last edited by jgaz; 10-04-2017 at 04:55 PM.
Old 10-04-2017
(Kristoffer) (K1KRS)
Co-Founder

Vehicle: 2016 JK Unlimited Rubicon
Reputation: theksmith will become famous soon enoughReputation: theksmith will become famous soon enough
Default Re: First aid tape that actually sticks
always good to hear about products that actually work! thanks for the info Jim.
Old 10-05-2017
Premium Club Member

Vehicle: 2001 jeep cherokee
Default Re: First aid tape that actually sticks
I should probably invest in a roll for my kit since I go through so many band aids