Welcome, Guest.
Register Donate Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the Offroad Passport Community Forum!

This is a community for planning and discussing offroad adventures. All makes and models of offroad vehicles are welcome! Multi-day expedition-style trips are our main focus, but there are plenty of day runs, clinics, and tech-days as well.

The forum is free for Basic Membership! Optional Premium Membership includes such perks as exclusive professionally organized trips and events. Please note that you may view the forum as a guest, but will need to register in order to post or to access certain areas of the site.

Note: If you are already a registered member, please login to remove this message.

View Thread

Old 07-02-2018
(Jim)
Premium Club Member

Vehicle: 2006 LJ
Default Re: 12 Feet Away - Grand Adventure
If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans. Don’t know where I heard that but IMHO it’s true.

The big picture is still the same just the timing is altered. Good luck
Old 07-24-2018
(Jason)
Premium Club Member

Vehicle: 99 XJ Sport
Originally Posted by jgaz View Post
If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans. Don’t know where I heard that but IMHO it’s true.

The big picture is still the same just the timing is altered. Good luck
So true!
Old 09-24-2018
(Jason)
Premium Club Member

Default Well, still here.
Well we are still in the valley. It pains me to say but the surgery really set us back and we were never able to fully recover. After we paid up our deductibles and what, we received some very large out of network surgeon bills too. So we've been dealing with disputes and records, doctors, etc.

Disputes seem to be going fine but as of now the BIG trip has been CANCELLED.

Shoot, maybe it wasnt meant to be after all. Sure seems like life events really ramped up once we made the commitment!

So here we are, no home, not very many belongings. We talked and have a new plan now. This whole adventure idea was meant to be a shakeup in life. We wanted something fresh and different I suppose. We wanted to experience new locations and what not, change of scenery. We wanted some more trees in our lives too.

So we've decided to stick with the adventurous theme and move up north! We got small place in Show Low that was everything my wife has ever wanted in a house! It was just built this year too! Very good construction that was documented on Instagram by the builder....@hevnarhomes, check it out!

So we plan to be up there permanently before winter comes. The job market up there is actually not that bad for people our age. Lots of medical work and what not. My wife may even be able to keep her job and work from home. I can also do part time contract work for my existing employer. So thats a nice buffer.

Anyways, we do love the RV we got and have taken it out a few times now. We plan to just keep it since we love it so much and hope to take more trips in the future. Hopefully we can take a long-ish trip late winter or early spring.

Here are some pics from some of our outings!

IMG_0507 by Jason Montes, on Flickr

_DSC0016.NEF by Jason Montes, on Flickr

_DSC0064.NEF by Jason Montes, on Flickr

I LOVE THIS ONE!!!
_DSC0066.NEF by Jason Montes, on Flickr

_DSC0037.NEF by Jason Montes, on Flickr

Her favorite spot in the Rocky (the RV).
IMG_0528 by Jason Montes, on Flickr

_DSC0027.NEF by Jason Montes, on Flickr
Old 09-24-2018
(Darryl)
Premium Club Member

Vehicle: 2017 Wrangler Willys Wheeler
Sorry to hear about everything. But if you need someone to adventure/wheel with in Show Low, hit me up. I live off the 60 and 260 by the Super 8 & the McCarty building.
“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...” - Dr. Seuss
Old 09-24-2018
(Jason)
Premium Club Member

Originally Posted by AZRNintheJeep242 View Post
Sorry to hear about everything. But if you need someone to adventure/wheel with in Show Low, hit me up. I live off the 60 and 260 by the Super 8 & the McCarty building.

Oh thats right! I knew there were some club members up there!

Thats really cool!
Old 09-24-2018
(Diane) (KD7JPC)
Co-Founder

Vehicle: '92 XJ
Well it's great to get an update from you guys! Sorry how things (didn't) worked out, but it sounds like you're at least in a place that's good for now. Sometimes the world laughs at our 'plans'; enjoy the trees though!