Welcome, Guest.
Register Donate Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the Offroad Passport Community Forum!

This is a community for planning and discussing offroad adventures. All makes and models of offroad vehicles are welcome! Multi-day expedition-style trips are our main focus, but there are plenty of day runs, clinics, and tech-days as well.

The forum is free for Basic Membership! Optional Premium Membership includes such perks as exclusive professionally organized trips and events. Please note that you may view the forum as a guest, but will need to register in order to post or to access certain areas of the site.

Note: If you are already a registered member, please login to remove this message.

View Thread

Old 12-14-2014
Offroad Passport Partner

Vehicle: 2010 Rubicon Unlimited
Default Cherry Springs in the Rain
After going to Home Depot in the rain at lunch, I decided to make a quick trip up Charouleau Gap to Cherry Spring to enjoy this beautiful weather. I packed up in 30 minutes and I was off. Just me, the Rubi and the pups. It was an awesome adventure. Heading up Kiss Rock as water poured down the face of it was a little more difficult than doing it dry, but the Jeep did awesome. Cat-dog and Gidget had a great time playing in the water and with each other. Gidget went swimming in the pond a few times. And every time I would try to load her back up in the Jeep, she go in to the water as if she were thinking, "If I'm in the water, you can't come get me to go back!" Funny pup, I had a secret weapon - a bag of Frito Lays. It worked like magic. She's a smart pup, but I won that round. We made it back safe and sound, just a little wet and muddy. Here are a few pictures from the trip.

More photos at: http://www.experience-az.com/images/...ringsrain.html

Video at:

Trail info at: http://www.experience-az.com/adventu...32/fr4432.html

Last edited by matt@expaz; 12-14-2014 at 07:26 AM. Reason: typo
Old 12-16-2014
(Bob)
Premium Club Member

Vehicle: 2001 jeep cherokee
Default Re: Cherry Springs in the Rain
Very nice, we like to go look at the waterfalls or pouroffs in our area during or just after a rainstorm too. Nice pics.