Welcome, Guest.
Register Donate Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the Offroad Passport Community Forum!

This is a community for planning and discussing offroad adventures. All makes and models of offroad vehicles are welcome! Multi-day expedition-style trips are our main focus, but there are plenty of day runs, clinics, and tech-days as well.

The forum is free for Basic Membership! Optional Premium Membership includes such perks as exclusive professionally organized trips and events. Please note that you may view the forum as a guest, but will need to register in order to post or to access certain areas of the site.

Note: If you are already a registered member, please login to remove this message.

View Thread

Old 06-10-2011
Basic Member

Vehicle: 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee limited
Default Re: it aint a TJ. but i kinda like it!
Been searching and searching for a roof rack Id like and it all boiled down to getting the rola rack. Got the extension for it. Now it's just a matter of "patiently" waiting for everything to put on!!!!

Still thinking about skids? As I'm not looking to do what I did in my tj and wj?!? Its not high on my list.

Now tires and wheels are on on the plate?

But I'm thinking my fiancé may put me in timeout when she finds out what I've been up too! She did say no new toys? I think I'm listening for the most part I just want to be able to help people with the winch, be able to take a tree attack with the bumper, and keep valuable stuff out of it with the rack so my 1.5yr old bulldog doesn't try and claim everything form his own! Thats my story and I'm sticking to it.

I'll try and get pictures on this here pretty soon.
Old 06-10-2011
(Kristoffer) (K1KRS)
Co-Founder

Vehicle: 2016 JK Unlimited Rubicon
Reputation: theksmith will become famous soon enoughReputation: theksmith will become famous soon enough
if you have a factory skid on your t-case, that'd probably be fine for the level of trails you are likely to run with this vehicle. if no skid there then consider something one wrong wrong and that's an expensive fix.
Old 06-05-2012
(Chris)
Premium Club Member

Vehicle: 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
My GC is a hail damaged vehicle too. I think the hood was repaired before I bought it because there are signs of a new coat of paint on the front end. Have you considered checking a salvage yard for a hood? Could probably get one cheaper than $400.
Old 06-05-2012
(Rob or Ramjet) (KC0DBH)
Basic Member

Vehicle: in transition
Originally Posted by jburns View Post
this is it so far.

in the future...

iceland offroad- winch bumper and fender flares?
rear bumper with tire carrier?
kevins offroad or iron rocks long arm suspension
upgrade the shocks
lights
rock lights
air tank setup?

the list goes on and on! thankfully i can't get too crazy on the options like i did with my tj? but i think i made a good choice? more room, a v-8, and i can actually hear myself unlike in the tj! haha

ive always had a white jeep, so this is the 1st for me. looks good clean, but even better from the trails.
What is your suspension and tire setup in this photo?
Old 06-06-2012
Basic Member

That was a combination of rear rough country 4in lift and switching out the front with iron rock long arm upgrade. The tires were bfg ats. As forthe size... The same asmlistedmon the rough country site. They were metric, so I think they were like having 32s. I was on my way to switching out to 33s but made the jump to a commander.
Old 03-20-2015
Basic Member

hello all...

its been a few years... been a while. doing this whole family thing and being used and abused by a 2yr boy has taken over my world for a while and all. surprisingly, i was able to remind my loving wife about how so much better the black wj i used to have when we met would be the best investment to keep them safe? it worked... but oddly enough, she knew what my motives were? supposedly she says no lifting it and doing anything to it for a while? hehe i gladly told her that this would be a long term investment and that it would be my DD... so far she has kept quiet since i promised that the next vehicle is all for her?

so i have a 2000 jeep grand cherokee limited. and basically I'm trying to remember all the stuff i had on my last one and thinking of what i would have done differently.

hopefully one day ill be in that area with my son to show him some of what i liked to do back in the day...
Old 03-20-2015
(Loren)
Basic Member

Vehicle: 2000 Jeep Cherokee XJ
I saw a really nice lifted Commander with a roof basket just the other day. Should have snapped a pic.
Old 01-15-2017
Basic Member

Finally, 8 mos of working at a 4x4 accessory store, I've managed to hunt down some 3-3.5in coil springs, shocks, and for the 1st time... going to try and see how mudterrains work Initial plan was to save up for long arm but I'm getting impatient and haven't been able to explore all the trails around Seattle that my co workers go out to every weekend. still trying to decide on getting another roof rack on this thing or a rooftop tent. I've been doing a little research on some guys out in California, in terms of doing a hidden winch setup and they have a really cool spare tire setup that I'm considering (hk off-road). Kevins offroad, and iron rock are still a couple places I'm looking at for other parts that I had on my last wj. hopefully a new career change will let me lift my next vehicle right. Learned my lesson and taking pictures of everything I'll start posting of before and after once I get it all installed
Old 01-16-2017
(Kristoffer) (K1KRS)
Co-Founder

Vehicle: 2016 JK Unlimited Rubicon
Reputation: theksmith will become famous soon enoughReputation: theksmith will become famous soon enough
which tires are you getting?
Old 01-16-2017
Basic Member

Going with pro Comp mt2. Always had bfg allterrains, we'll see how these go