Welcome, Guest.
Register Donate Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the Offroad Passport Community Forum!

This is a community for planning and discussing offroad adventures. All makes and models of offroad vehicles are welcome! Multi-day expedition-style trips are our main focus, but there are plenty of day runs, clinics, and tech-days as well.

The forum is free for Basic Membership! Optional Premium Membership includes such perks as exclusive professionally organized trips and events. Please note that you may view the forum as a guest, but will need to register in order to post or to access certain areas of the site.

Note: If you are already a registered member, please login to remove this message.

View Thread

Old 12-09-2014
(John)
Basic Member

Vehicle: 2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Reputation: BorregoWrangler is an unknown quantity at this point
Hike Pepperwood Canyon to Canebrake Valley & Indian Gorge Hike: Dec. 7th, 2014

When the weather begins cooling down here in southern California, my wanderlust really starts kicking in. According to Merriam-Webster’s dictionary, wanderlust is a “strong longing for or impulse toward wandering.” And remember what J. J. R. Tolkien said: “Not all who wander are lost.”

There are countless reasons why I hike, off road, and just enjoy the activities that get me into the back country. I believe that it's essential for everyone that we never stop exploring.

I've been wanting to take on a trail that descends into one of the loneliest reaches of Anza-Borrego Desert State Park, a quiet enclosed valley by the name of Canebrake; from McCain Valley and Pepperwood Trail.

Click HERE for more photos and my full trip report. Hope you enjoy!

Last edited by BorregoWrangler; 12-10-2014 at 05:43 PM.
Old 12-11-2014
Premium Club Member

Vehicle: 2001 jeep cherokee
Default Re: Pepperwood Canyon to Canebrake Valley & Indian Gorge Hike: Dec. 7th, 2014
Thanks for sharing. I like all the illegal immigrant clothes you found Captain
Old 12-13-2014
(John)
Basic Member

Vehicle: 2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Reputation: BorregoWrangler is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Pepperwood Canyon to Canebrake Valley & Indian Gorge Hike: Dec. 7th, 2014
Originally Posted by scottL View Post
Thanks for sharing. I like all the illegal immigrant clothes you found Captain
Haha! Thanks.