Welcome, Guest.
Register Donate Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the Offroad Passport Community Forum!

This is a community for planning and discussing offroad adventures. All makes and models of offroad vehicles are welcome! Multi-day expedition-style trips are our main focus, but there are plenty of day runs, clinics, and tech-days as well.

The forum is free for Basic Membership! Optional Premium Membership includes such perks as exclusive professionally organized trips and events. Please note that you may view the forum as a guest, but will need to register in order to post or to access certain areas of the site.

Note: If you are already a registered member, please login to remove this message.

View Thread

Old 01-03-2019
(JARHEAD) (KE7TOG)
Premium Club Member

Vehicle: 93 YJ(LM7)
Thumbs up No Headlights or Front Sidemarkers
She runs! The rear axle and everything are good to go. The brakes are bled. And she purrs like a kitten... The issue I have now is the headlights are not working, nor are the front side marker lights on the fenders. I checked the maxi fuse in the under hood fuse box/power center and it was still good. Any thoughts to help me troubleshoot? I have a small voltmeter, and I hope to use it tomorrow when I get home from work. Not really sure how to use it but it's always been a tool in my toolbox. I need the headlights to work because I want to get it emission tested on my lunch break, but when I leave for work in the morning it is dark. Hahaha. If I can get the emissions done Friday I can get her tagged and make the holiday run on Saturday.
Old 01-03-2019
(Kristoffer) (K1KRS)
Co-Founder

Vehicle: 2016 JK Unlimited Rubicon
Reputation: theksmith will become famous soon enoughReputation: theksmith will become famous soon enough
Default Re: No Headlights or Front Sidemarkers
call me, i'll come over and help you troubleshoot.
Old 01-03-2019
(Tim/Curly) (KF7INL)
Premium Club Member

Vehicle: 97 Jeep Wrangler
Do you have power at the Headlight switch? If not, you probably didn't hook up the fuse link at the starter/battery connection.
Old 01-03-2019
(JARHEAD) (KE7TOG)
Premium Club Member

Vehicle: 93 YJ(LM7)
Got the lights going tonight It appears to be A possible issue with the multipurpose switch in the steering column. I was actually in the middle of getting a multimeter lesson, via text, from OB1 when they came to life... Must have been the Force.