Welcome, Guest.
Register Donate Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the Offroad Passport Community Forum!

This is a community for planning and discussing offroad adventures. All makes and models of offroad vehicles are welcome! Multi-day expedition-style trips are our main focus, but there are plenty of day runs, clinics, and tech-days as well.

The forum is free for Basic Membership! Optional Premium Membership includes such perks as exclusive professionally organized trips and events. Please note that you may view the forum as a guest, but will need to register in order to post or to access certain areas of the site.

Note: If you are already a registered member, please login to remove this message.

View Thread

Old 07-23-2018
(Paul & Brenda) (KJ7AKZ)
Basic Member

Vehicle: 2008 Toyota FJ
Default 18K mAh/800 Peak Battery Jumper/ Power Bank
Disclaimer: Not affiliated with this company. Hi, for those interested, these jumpers/chargers come in handy. I just bought this for the 3rd car. It is the nicest one that I own by the quality of the case, highest milli-Ampere-hours, and amp peak. It's only $35 with the 50% off promo code, so if you need one, it may be worth considering.

https://www.dealnews.com/Mocrux-18-000-m-Ah-Jump-Starter-Power-Bank-for-35-free-shipping/17417855.html

**Amazon Prime deal ends 7/30/18. The promo code "E573P66F can only be used once, so if you order multiple, do so on the same order placement.

TRD CAI & TRD CAT-Back, NITRO 4.56 rear diff, ATRAC, factory rear locker, 3” ICON Stage 2, ICON 700lbs. front springs, ICON Overland Series Dual- Rate rear springs), ICON Uni-ball Tubular Front UCA, Total Chaos Racing Front LCA, Metal Tech Offset Rear LCA, ARB Front & Rear bumper, ARB Roof Rack, ARB Fridge, ARB diff breathers, PRG Snorkel, Warn M8000 winch, IPF lights (roof rack & bumper), BudBuilt full skids, All-Pro kickout sliders, Method Race Wheels, 285/70/17 Cooper MTP Mud Terrain, Magellan TR7 Offroad GPS, IAS CO2 tank 10 lbs.

Old 07-24-2018
(Paul & Brenda) (KJ7AKZ)
Basic Member

Vehicle: 2008 Toyota FJ
Default Re: 18K mAh/800 Peak Battery Jumper/ Power Bank
Sorry folks. That was short lived. Clicking the link will now take you to the 12 mAh.
TRD CAI & TRD CAT-Back, NITRO 4.56 rear diff, ATRAC, factory rear locker, 3” ICON Stage 2, ICON 700lbs. front springs, ICON Overland Series Dual- Rate rear springs), ICON Uni-ball Tubular Front UCA, Total Chaos Racing Front LCA, Metal Tech Offset Rear LCA, ARB Front & Rear bumper, ARB Roof Rack, ARB Fridge, ARB diff breathers, PRG Snorkel, Warn M8000 winch, IPF lights (roof rack & bumper), BudBuilt full skids, All-Pro kickout sliders, Method Race Wheels, 285/70/17 Cooper MTP Mud Terrain, Magellan TR7 Offroad GPS, IAS CO2 tank 10 lbs.

Old 07-24-2018
(Jim)
Premium Club Member

Vehicle: 2006 LJ
I saw that late last night as well.
Good attempt though, thanks for posting it
Old 07-25-2018
(Kristoffer) (K1KRS)
Co-Founder

Vehicle: 2016 JK Unlimited Rubicon
Reputation: theksmith will become famous soon enoughReputation: theksmith will become famous soon enough
i've been researching these lithium jump packs in great detail recently, i'll have to post some details soon - but they are definitely a great thing to have for certain situations.
Old 07-25-2018
(Jim)
Premium Club Member

Vehicle: 2006 LJ
The counterfeit micro-starts are becoming very common. The manufacture’s rep I spoke to at OEX west said more than 75% of the units they receive with warranty claims are fake.

I’ll be very interested to hear what you learned on this subject Kris.
Old 10-30-2018
Basic Member

Vehicle: 2015 Toyota Land Cruiser Parado
Originally Posted by curbjumper View Post
Sorry folks. That was short lived. Clicking the Male Extra link will now take you to the 12 mAh.
Any chance to still get it?

Last edited by jfrank; 11-01-2018 at 06:52 AM.
Old 10-30-2018
(Kristoffer) (K1KRS)
Co-Founder

Vehicle: 2016 JK Unlimited Rubicon
Reputation: theksmith will become famous soon enoughReputation: theksmith will become famous soon enough
Harbor Freight has one that some people are reporting success with.

i had the battery in a cheap one swell up on me an split its own case. it might have eventually exploded or caught fire if i hadn't noticed in time, so i stopped messing around with the off-brand ones.

i currently have a NOCO GB70. that and the next size up NOCO, along with the Antigravity Batteries XP-10, and the Weego 66 all seem like highly usable versions from reputable manufacturers.