Welcome, Guest.
Register Donate Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the Offroad Passport Community Forum!

This is a community for planning and discussing offroad adventures. All makes and models of offroad vehicles are welcome! Multi-day expedition-style trips are our main focus, but there are plenty of day runs, clinics, and tech-days as well.

The forum is free for Basic Membership! Optional Premium Membership includes such perks as exclusive professionally organized trips and events. Please note that you may view the forum as a guest, but will need to register in order to post or to access certain areas of the site.

Note: If you are already a registered member, please login to remove this message.

View Thread

Old 03-22-2018
(Jim)
Premium Club Member

Vehicle: 2006 LJ
Default Re: 14" Dry Cut Metal Saw On Sale
Thanks for that link Kris. I’ll have to check them out.

I couldn’t find anyone locally that would replace a shattered carbide tooth (don’t ask) on my hi end table saw blade. Had to send it back to the manufacturer in New Jersey.

I must have missed those guys.

Edit: They look like the real deal. They even do handsaws and specify them by type! I have a backsaw that I’d like to get touched up.
Old 04-16-2018
(Jim)
Premium Club Member

Vehicle: 2006 LJ
Kris,
I found this auxiliary table for the Dewalt saw interesting, but not at that price.
https://saundersmachineworks.com/pro...-fixture-plate

I wouldn’t think it would be too difficult to fab up something similar to preform the addded functions if you saw a need for them. Especially since the holes in the table don’t appear to be threaded.
Old 03-25-2019
(Kristoffer) (K1KRS)
Co-Founder

Vehicle: 2016 JK Unlimited Rubicon
Reputation: theksmith will become famous soon enoughReputation: theksmith will become famous soon enough
fyi, the saw is still going strong.

my only real annoyances are in the somewhat flimsy fence and hold-down clamp. IMO, the manufacture could make the whole assembly more precise without a ton of expense. mainly it's hard to keep a flat piece of steel straight against the fence when cutting at an angle. still very happy with the purchase overall.

i ended up going with a Dewalt DWA7747 66 tooth blade. it was about $110 last October and free shipping with Amazon Prime. I don't have any other experience with decent blades to compare it with, but it outlasted the blade that came with the saw already.

i've probably made nearly 100 cuts of various shaped 1/8" and 3/16" steel so far, and a few on 1/4". it's still working just like it was when new.