Welcome, Guest.
Register Donate Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the Offroad Passport Community Forum!

This is a community for planning and discussing offroad adventures. All makes and models of offroad vehicles are welcome! Multi-day expedition-style trips are our main focus, but there are plenty of day runs, clinics, and tech-days as well.

The forum is free for Basic Membership! Optional Premium Membership includes such perks as exclusive professionally organized trips and events. Please note that you may view the forum as a guest, but will need to register in order to post or to access certain areas of the site.

Note: If you are already a registered member, please login to remove this message.

View Thread

Old 03-31-2019
Basic Member

Vehicle: 2016 JKU
Default Re: JK Wrangler Push-to-Start, Hands-Free Keyless Entry & Remote Start
I do have one minor thing going on.. but it doesn't bother me.

Central auto-locking is unlocking the doors at the 45 minute mark of a drive(when the OMEGA releases to the Jeep's ignition). I think that I need to disable the central auto-locking on the easyguard, but I have had no luck getting the easyguard to do this. Not sure if I need doors physically opened per manual or opened as in unlocked. May try to mess with it a little today.

Matt
Old 03-31-2019
Basic Member

Vehicle: Wrangler
The day has finally come, folks!!!

She lives (for more than 3 seconds) with the push of a button!

Wiring in the blue fuel pump line definitely helped, but it still kept dying after three seconds (almost tipped at this point...). But I decided to perform the 5x3x5 ritual one more time and that did the trick. For any future folks looking to run this mod, ignore the manual, and press the remote start button THREE times instead of the manual-prescribed TWO, in order to get the longest crank time.

Thank you, theksmith, for putting this mod together and thank you for sticking along for the ride.

And also thank you everyone one else that helped along the way as well. This is the first mod I've installed on my Jeep since I got her in January, but definitely not the last.

-Ballistix
Old 03-31-2019
Basic Member

Great work!!!!!
Old 03-31-2019
Basic Member

Vehicle: 2016 Jeep Wrangler
Way to hang in there Ballistix. Matts/KSmith, how do you have your relay harnessed wired in? I have as follows:

From Relay Harness
Yellow - N/C
Red - to Red on Omega 4p harness (Red/Blue/Black)
White - to Green/Red (resistors on here using 470k/100k/47k)
Blue & Black - to Blue/White on Same 4p as above as well as white from 3p (Orange/Yellow/White)

Am I off?

Last edited by OneEyedWilly; 03-31-2019 at 02:04 PM.
Old 03-31-2019
(Kristoffer) (K1KRS)
Co-Founder

Vehicle: 2016 JK Unlimited Rubicon
Reputation: theksmith will become famous soon enoughReputation: theksmith will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Ballistix View Post
The day has finally come, folks!!!

She lives (for more than 3 seconds) with the push of a button!

Wiring in the blue fuel pump line definitely helped, but it still kept dying after three seconds (almost tipped at this point...). But I decided to perform the 5x3x5 ritual one more time and that did the trick. For any future folks looking to run this mod, ignore the manual, and press the remote start button THREE times instead of the manual-prescribed TWO, in order to get the longest crank time.

Thank you, theksmith, for putting this mod together and thank you for sticking along for the ride.

And also thank you everyone one else that helped along the way as well. This is the first mod I've installed on my Jeep since I got her in January, but definitely not the last.

-Ballistix
awesome!

Originally Posted by OneEyedWilly View Post
Way to hang in there Ballistix. Matts/KSmith, how do you have your relay harnessed wired in? I have as follows:

From Relay Harness
Yellow - N/C
Red - to Red on Omega 4p harness (Red/Blue/Black)
White - to Green/Red (resistors on here using 470k/100k/47k)
Blue & Black - to Blue/White on Same 4p as above as well as white from 3p (Orange/Yellow/White)

Am I off?
sorry i'm no help on colors, i moved the wires around in that little harness so that the colors would make more sense to me.
Old 03-31-2019
Basic Member

Same here on wiring. I had a relay harness from another project that I used for the 10s delay relay. Mine came without one. Follow the PIN numbers on the diagram on page one, and mark the harness with a silver sharpie with the pin out. Then soldier exactly as indicated. If you get really lost post a picture of what you have done with the wires clearly laid out at the relay terminals.
Old 04-01-2019
Basic Member

Vehicle: 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Incredible write-up! Great job.
Old 04-25-2019
Basic Member

Vehicle: '12 Wrangler
Awesome thread! I've wanted to do this since before I bought my JKU 1.5 years ago. My previous car had it once you have experience it, you realize what a useful feature it is. I have a couple of questions for those that have done it before:

1. Are there any problems or quirks if the doors are removed? I noticed in the video that after the door is automatically unlocked by walking close, he opens and shuts the door before walking away. Was that just to demonstrate that it had actually been unlocked, or does the door need to be opened before it'll lock again?

2. As mentioned in this thread, the T-Harness is discontinued. Does anyone know where I can find it?
Old 04-25-2019
(Kristoffer) (K1KRS)
Co-Founder

Vehicle: 2016 JK Unlimited Rubicon
Reputation: theksmith will become famous soon enoughReputation: theksmith will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by SilverJester View Post
Awesome thread! I've wanted to do this since before I bought my JKU 1.5 years ago. My previous car had it once you have experience it, you realize what a useful feature it is. I have a couple of questions for those that have done it before:

1. Are there any problems or quirks if the doors are removed? I noticed in the video that after the door is automatically unlocked by walking close, he opens and shuts the door before walking away. Was that just to demonstrate that it had actually been unlocked, or does the door need to be opened before it'll lock again?

2. As mentioned in this thread, the T-Harness is discontinued. Does anyone know where I can find it?

1. i was just showing that it had in fact unlocked - you don't have to open it.

FYI, i now have the Easyguard horn/siren output on mine hooked to a small siren so that it chirps once when i walk away, unless a door is open then it does 3 chirps. it still locks correctly. most people haven't even been hooking that output up though.

it also still turns off the push-to-start button as soon as the fob is out of range with a door open, so i don't think anyone could start your rig without the fob or OEM key even with all the doors off.

2. this guy currently has 10 of the harnesses on eBay...

if you're familiar with car stereo wiring and up to experiment with something slightly different, you might want to try the Fortin bypass & t-harness (and Flash-Link) instead of the Omega products...

i just recently bought those to add smartphone remote-start & tracking (a couple of us have done that) - but i played around with the Fortin module a little before configuring it for telematics use and i think it would actually work with the Easyguard system and be a simpler solution than the Omega products. for one, it's cheaper and still available. second, i don't think you'd even need to do the resistor and time-delay relay part at all.

i didn't actually hook the Fortin up to the Easyguard so i can't guarantee 100% it will work. i only simulated how it would go by triggering wires manually to ground and +12v in the right order, so there might still be a timing issue or other problem. i can tell you which options in the Flash-Link Manager you'd need to select though now since i've messed with it a second time.

anyway, i wouldn't recommend the Fortin route unless you have Amazon Prime or can get the stuff from somewhere else with a liberal return policy - just thought i'd mention it as a possibility.
Old 05-03-2019
Basic Member

Vehicle: '12 Wrangler
Originally Posted by theksmith View Post
1. i was just showing that it had in fact unlocked - you don't have to open it.

FYI, i now have the Easyguard horn/siren output on mine hooked to a small siren so that it chirps once when i walk away, unless a door is open then it does 3 chirps. it still locks correctly. most people haven't even been hooking that output up though.

it also still turns off the push-to-start button as soon as the fob is out of range with a door open, so i don't think anyone could start your rig without the fob or OEM key even with all the doors off.

2. this guy currently has 10 of the harnesses on eBay...

if you're familiar with car stereo wiring and up to experiment with something slightly different, you might want to try the Fortin bypass & t-harness (and Flash-Link) instead of the Omega products...

i just recently bought those to add smartphone remote-start & tracking (a couple of us have done that) - but i played around with the Fortin module a little before configuring it for telematics use and i think it would actually work with the Easyguard system and be a simpler solution than the Omega products. for one, it's cheaper and still available. second, i don't think you'd even need to do the resistor and time-delay relay part at all.

i didn't actually hook the Fortin up to the Easyguard so i can't guarantee 100% it will work. i only simulated how it would go by triggering wires manually to ground and +12v in the right order, so there might still be a timing issue or other problem. i can tell you which options in the Flash-Link Manager you'd need to select though now since i've messed with it a second time.

anyway, i wouldn't recommend the Fortin route unless you have Amazon Prime or can get the stuff from somewhere else with a liberal return policy - just thought i'd mention it as a possibility.
Thanks for the reply. I am competent enough to follow your instructions, but not sure I'm competent enough to experiment with the Fortin. Maybe I'll hold off for a little while (it's still too cold/rainy to want to work on the Jeep right now anyway) and see if someone more knowledgeable than me is able to pull it off.