Sign in to follow this  
dzJeepChic

Garmin Montana

Mail brought a package to me:

DSCN2478.JPG

I'm happy. I hope it works. =/

That looks like a pretty sweet unit. If I couldn't do all that and more with my Droid cell phone I would definitely look into one of these for myself.

I hope your replacement does well for you.

does it work? does it!?!

;)

does it work? does it!?!

;)

You're not going to believe this. Right after I posted the picture, I tried to open the back of the unit to install the battery, but I couldn't get the 'D-ring' thing to turn all the way. I was heart-broken. I was giving it all I had, and finally came to the conclusion that I was going to break it before I could get it open.

So I called Garmin, and told them what was up. I said: "My next step is to get some pliers and try to open it, but I'm afraid it's going to break". So the guy said, okay, well get some pliers and try it; if it breaks we'll send you a new one. Since I had Garmin on the line and they said they'd fix it if it broke, I handed it to George and he finally got it open. He, like me, had been afraid he'd strip it or break it or something, but since Garmin said 'Go', he got it.

Then I closed it / opened it a couple times with the Garmin Representative on line and everything worked fine. Turned out they'd done an upgrade on some of their units because the 'D-Ring' was prone to breaking. Apparently the 1st time opening is a bear.

Now the battery is installed, and yes it works awesome. I even have my 'Rockstar' position indicator back in place.

Whew!

Diane :rolleyes:

hum for the hefty price I will just use mulitple units for now. Between my rhino and my nuvi and the wifes android phone i think we about have it all covered.

Wish the rhino had caught on morer I love using it in groups with it showing real time where everyone else is at.

I recently got mine, so I'll see how it fairs.

IMG_20121004_163357.jpg