Sign in to follow this  
dzJeepChic

Jackass of the Day

Ok, I'll be the Jackass of the Day. Sorry to confuse you with my sarcasm. :D

I believe the story you posted is real. As far as I know, most police officers will carry 24/7, so having it off duty isn't unlikely either.

Glocks do have metal in them. The grip is made from a polymar plastic of some sort of compound, but the slide and barrel are still metal. Years ago, the anti-gun crowd tried to ban Glocks in the U.S. because they were made of plastic and wouldn't set off metal detectors at airports, etc. It was total nonsense and that is where my sarcastic comment was based from.

Ah, I see. I didn't know about that debate, but now I totally get it. See, if I would just read all those emails from The NRA, I'd know these things and get the inside jokes! My bad, sorry to make you the Jackass of the Day Virgil!

d :rolleyes:

BELFAST, Maine – A 36-year-old man was arrested on Monday and faces a felony arson charge after he allegedly set a Mercedes-Benz on fire and then posted photos of the burning vehicle on Facebook. The Bangor Daily News said the arrest came two weeks after police found the burning 1982 Mercedes.

Police said the man told officers he saw the car with a "small campfire" in the back seat.

The Bangor Daily News said the charge came after police scrutinized a surveillance tape from a Belfast store and seized the man's cell phones and computer.

Police said the owner of the non-working car had been trying to sell it.

What do you want to bet he's still trying to figure out how they caught him? d :rolleyes:

I was turning left out of a shopping center parking lot today, when someone behind me began to honk their horn. I ignored the horn, and when it was safe to go, I went across all lanes to make the 1st left after exiting. As soon as I got going, the 'honker', I presume, came along my passenger side with his right middle finger extended in my general direction. I tried to shrug it off, and basically shook my head while gesturing I thought he was crazy, like my finger going in circles while pointed at the side of my head.

Apparently this was too much for him, and he swerved toward me, as if to pin my car between his and the cement abutment at the far left side of the road. Naturally I braked, and as I slowed he rolled down his window and was screaming and shaking his head and hand at me, although I couldn't hear him over the A/C & fans on high. He did manage to scare the crap out of me though, before roaring off ahead of me toward the intersection. Luckily he was going straight and I was going left, and there was a wide divider between the two. I did keep looking in his direction to be sure he wasn't out of his car marching toward me with a weapon or some other.

Several drivers who pulled up next to me gestured a shrug or signs of disbelief, so I'm assuming the guy seemed crazy to them too. Reflecting upon it on the way home, I realize maybe he would have pulled out sooner since he was going straight; he didn't have to go across all lanes like I did. Plus he was driving a big 7 series BMW, so surely he's more important than me and he can go faster. But even at that, it was probably less than a 15 second difference, and who would go completely ballistic over that? I wondered if the same thing would have happened if I'd been driving Clifford or Number 7; would the more aggressive vehicle made him mind his own business?

George said he must've thought I was a snowbird since I was driving the Dr's. Prius with Wisconsin plates, but even then, why would a person go completely ape like that? Seriously, I feel sorry for the guy who is so wrapped up in whatever is stressing him out to go completely Road Rage on a little gal in a Prius with Wisconsin plates. I just want to say: 'Seriously, don't take things so seriously'.

Oh, and thanks for the adrenelin rush, you putz.

too bad you werent in clifford and you could scared the paint off that beamer if you got even a little in his lane ;)

apparently the new bigger tires were the final straw and i've now made the jeep too big to be a daily driver... the past couple days when at stop-lights i've gotten several people look at my tires, look over the whole jeep and then give me one of those condescending "he must have a very small penis" looks... oh well!

too bad you werent in clifford and you could scared the paint off that beamer if you got even a little in his lane ;)

apparently the new bigger tires were the final straw and i've now made the jeep too big to be a daily driver... the past couple days when at stop-lights i've gotten several people look at my tires, look over the whole jeep and then give me one of those condescending "he must have a very small penis" looks... oh well!

I get the 'must have a small penis' look every now and then in Clifford, and then they look closer and realize it's a girl. Ha! I love that! Can't wait to see your Jeep on 35s. d

I think it's time to xo cage the Prius. George:D:skeleton:

Wisconsin plates on a Prius? That would piss me off too.

Wisconsin plates on a Prius? That would piss me off too.

That is until you saw it was me, right?

I wonder if that man has any concept of how he appeared? Like if I had a camera-eye and I could play it back without sound so the guy could see what he looks like when he's flipping out. Or so you guys could see what he looked like when he was flipping out.

Sometimes people demonstrate how not to be.

I get the 'must have a small penis' look every now and then in Clifford, and then they look closer and realize it's a girl. Ha! I love that! Can't wait to see your Jeep on 35s. d

Heh! MY wife apparently keeps getting flirted with by teenage boys and young men since we got the Libby lifted!

You have to think... If he drives a 7 series Bimmer, he obviously hates the environment and that Prius!

Even if the gun had no metal there no way around the ammunition