Sign in to follow this  
PMA4x4

Whats your choice of HD camcorder

I'm bumping this old thread because I'm in the market for a decent HD camcorder. My DSLR doesn't do video and my pocket sized Samsung only does some pretty low quality videos. Unless something is worth the extra money, I'd like to stay under $250. Anything new since this 2 year old thread?

I have tried a couple of Contours and have sold them all and moved to Gopros. If a gopro is not your thing then try the Replay xD Camera. If you stretch your budget just a hundred more you can go with the Nikon Coolpix series. They do 1080 at 30fps. and not bad once you install a filter. I have the Nikon Coolpix 520 and thats a great little camera. does decent video too.

With its size and accessories, I'm leaning towards to GoPro. I just need to get to the store and check one out in person. Thank you everyone.

Check out Mic Bergsma youtube channel. I have learned a lot from this guy. He is deaf so you need to read alot sometimes but it pays off.

the cameras themselves are like 2.5 by 1.5 by 1, pretty small.

The Goopro 3s are far better in lighting and colors but suck batteries down like nothing else. The gopro hero 2 have good color and clarity and the batteries last a long time. I went thru 3 batteries on the 3 black in order to fill up a 32gig card.

We just got from a 10 trip in Utah so I will be posting a tone of gopro hero2, black3 and Nikon D5200 footage.

I went way over budget and ordered the GoPro Hero 3+ black edition and some accessories. I received a state tax refund that I had totally forgotten about and that freed up some money. Jeez, now I have to learn to use a new camera and a 2m Ham.

you've got full on gadget-geek-itis!

nice!

you've got full on gadget-geek-itis!

Hey, bite your tongue! As king of the geeks, you'll probably have to show me how to use the gal-darn new fangled equipment.