Sign in to follow this  
PMA4x4

What do you do with no A/C

I am looking for ideas. our 96 no longer has A/C and cost is too much to get going again. we only need it a few times a years. So I am wondering for those who don't have A/C do you use any fans like truck drivers or just suffer or what?

The first time we ran the Rubicon me & G drove up there in Number 7 with no A/C. George refused to run it b/c we were loaded to the gils and he didn't want to over heat the Jeep. We brought a plastic squirt bottle that worked really well on 'fine mist'. What worked the best was keeping the windows cracked and periodically misting ourselves and our clothing until it was pretty damp. The evaporative effect of the water kept our skin cool. I had to spray often because it dried fast. I found some bandanas in the jeep that I could get wet & lay over our legs, arms, necks, etc.

I'm not going to lie. I was miserable. But not as miserable as I would have been without the squirt bottle. d :rolleyes:

Get one of the swamp coolers that attach to a side window ..........

My jeep never had A/C, all I could do was "be jealous."

In WWII, our family friend hung canvas bags of water from a post on the front bumper. As they drove it would give a cool breeze.

Ramjet - just curious, what is needed that is too expensive to be worth replacing?

diane - you needed this on that rubicon trip: http://www.amazon.com/ACE-Trading-O2cool-8101CTR-Misting/dp/B004LC2HTK

Uhmm. EVERYTHING. The condenser sprung a leak and the compressor locked up and shot metal shavings through out the system. I yanked every bit of it and pitched it. Of course this was right before we decided to overland more than rock crawl so YEP I shot myself in the foot. The only thing left in the jeep is the evaporator core and that probably need to be replaced as well since i have left the two pipes exposed to the elements, mud and hose washing.

I just need to find a new body and move the driveline over....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I've got a great AC for sale, buy it and I'll throw in the 06 Rubicon it's attached too. :D

I've got a great AC for sale, buy it and I'll throw in the 06 Rubicon it's attached too. :D

AWESOME. A whole new A/C unit is like 700 bucks! I'll dig up the cash and be over tonite!:cool:

I have 2 of the 12v fans. They will clip anywhere and give you a pretty good breeze. We like them when we are all stopped and there is no air moving and don't want to run the AC. Best part is that they are like $10 at Walmart

AWESOME. A whole new A/C unit is like 700 bucks! I'll dig up the cash and be over tonite!:cool:

But this is an extra special unit, one time special price for you $20,000.00 :D