Sign in to follow this  
theksmith

2011-08-13 GPS Clinic

i think the "how to use your GPS with your computer clinic & BBQ" was a great success!

thanks to all the premium members that came out and hopefully everyone was able to learn a little something new.

the outline/notes/links from the clinic will be posted on the original event thread in the premium section within a couple days.

P1120164.JPG

P1120166.JPG

The topics and material covered were really well thought out and explained in an easy to comprehend manner. I finally learned the 'missing links' I've had to sharing files and using shared files for my unit, I can't wait to practice here at home to solidify what we went over in class.

Thanks Kris for putting it all together and for the awesome presentation. And thanks to both you and Aimee for having us into your home and for the awesome food.

d

the kdude had an excellent presentation .... it was great to see everyone .......

Just a note: Garmin no longer has NRoute available .... any other suggestions for tracking software?

This was a lot of fun. Enjoyed meeting new folks and seeing old friends.

Great presentation Kris, I learned a lot. Aimee thanks for slaving over the grill! Food was really good. ....:D

Thanks K and A, good class and good food! It was nice to see the gang and meet new friends Bob and Sharen. George:cool::D

Yes. nroute version 276 is the one I use.

Loaded up nroute and it will not connect to the GlobalSat unit on COM3 ... I run

a utility and the GPS is finding the satillites ....

Got any ideas?

I think that the garmin software will only work with a garmin usb gps. I am free all day tomorrow if you want to test it out with my garmin gps. Just let me know.

Loaded up nroute and it will not connect to the GlobalSat unit on COM3 ... I run

a utility and the GPS is finding the satillites ....

Got any ideas?