Sign in to follow this  
theksmith

03 Grand Cherokee 4.7L HO Engine Replacement

no i was gonna call you about borrowing yours but didn't get that far today ;)

engine should be in towards end of week - what's your schedule like?

I finally gave Rut his back after having it for only one year. :P

Just don't drop your engine on him like I did. :o

No more droping engines on me:). I get back on this side of the valley around 1:30.

wrenching party???

wrenching party???

ha, unfortunately i need to keep focused. wrenching parties are fun, but the real work happens slowly then ;)

there are several places online you can order factory parts for much cheaper than most local dealerships if you have a parts catalog or otherwise have access to factory part numbers...

FYI - i do not recommend http://www.factorymoparparts.com - they are they cheapest i've found sometimes by a few bucks, or cents sometimes, however:

- they failed to notify me of delaying my order even shipping for over a week, even though in the checkout notes i had said "PLEASE NOTIFY ME IMMEDIATELY OF ANY BACKORDERS THAT WILL DELAY THIS ORDER"

- i did 2 separate orders with them recently, one of which i never even received an email receipt for

- their system does not automatically tell you if an part number has been superseded (and therefore if price changed as well), they instead just email you after the order to let you know

- their system does not automatically tell you if a part is discontinued (again you have to place the order then find out via email later)

i did however have success with http://mopar-wholesale.com - they were within a few bucks of the above place on most parts and i had none of the above problems with them or their website.

New engine show yet??? Just joined this sight..... Gotta tell you K..... Hope you realize that copying is the sincerest form of flattery ..... and there is some really great stuff on this site!!!

Cheers

Eddy

PS If I can be of long distance.....assistance....don't hesitate!

New engine show yet??? Just joined this sight..... Gotta tell you K..... Hope you realize that copying is the sincerest form of flattery ..... and there is some really great stuff on this site!!!

Cheers

Eddy

PS If I can be of long distance.....assistance....don't hesitate!

hey glad to see you over here too now! and thanks for the offer of help!

engine comes tomorrow, then a couple of great guys from here are coming over Friday to help me wrangle it in!

here's to hoping for no parts left over, and a nice clean first start!