Sign in to follow this  
dzJeepChic

FJ Cruiser on the Rubicon

We saw this FJ Cruiser while we were at the Rubicon. It seemed that the guy had hired a professional guide for the trail. They tried to pass us at the by-pass to $1,000 Hill, but the Toyota took a bad line off the bottom of the hill. We tried giving him a backwards tug but it didn't help. They were getting the high-lift off the roof when we left them.

RubiconTrail2009216.jpg

RubiconTrail2009217.jpg

RubiconTrail2009218.jpg

RubiconTrail2009220.jpg

RubiconTrail2009222.jpg

RubiconTrail2009223.jpg

They passed us back on the By-Pass to Old/True Sluice and beat us to Buck Island Lake. They were at the Mechanics Area when we went by; luckily, we were aiming for a camp spot someone had told us about at the Dam.

doesn't look like much lift on it, did he give you any specs on what he was running?

Did not talk to them too much. I think they had no lift with 31 MTRs. Those guys where spanking the trail! George:cool:

When designing the Fj Cruiser Toyota wanted to put together a new style Land Cruiser that ressembled the old FJ-40 in appearance and could give the Jeep Rubicon a bit of competition right off the factory floor. Before the FJ Cruiser was released to the public they created a group called the Toyota Trail Team. This team took 8 FJ Cruisers around the country with the guidance of Bill Burke and put the rigs to the test on some of the major trails across the U.S. Those trails included a lot of the trails in Moab, Colorado, and California (specifically the Rubicon). Four of the eight FJ-Cruisers we had ARB winch bumpers on them and all of them had a Daystar leveling spacer kit installed to allow for a level ride intead of the nose low ride as it comes from the factory. When running the Rubicon, Toyotas only stipulation to the team was that no body damage could occur. That was the Trail Team's challenge. The Trail Teams made it through without any incident what-so-ever. The idea behind the FJC is supposed to be a vehicle a college student could buy that allows for some luxury while still being able to go pretty much where ever one wants to go (within reason).

Since the Trail Team trails were so successful, they stayed together and take the FJ Cruisers around the country demonstrating their abilities to various groups. As an example, one year was spent going from mountasin bike races and kayak events showing that group of enthusiasts how the FJC was suited for their needs.

From looking at the last pic, he didn't pass the "no body damage" part. There's a big scrape in front of the back tire.:eek::o

From looking at the last pic, he didn't pass the "no body damage" part. There's a big scrape in front of the back tire.:eek::o

Yeah... If that guy paid for his trail guide then I think he needs to get his money back.:)

While we aired up on the way home from Red Creek we met a couple in an FJ Cruizer and invited them to the site. Talk about FJCs reminded me of this experience so and told them about it. I just thought I'd bump the thread in case they do visit the site. Diane :rolleyes:

I really like fjcruisers and would love to learn more about em

It's amaising how close the specs are between an FJC and a 4runner. Add some bigger rubber to the 4runner and it would be almost identical and has a tighter turning radius. It also has much better visibility, and more room inside. It does cost more though.

It's amaising how close the specs are between an FJC and a 4runner. Add some bigger rubber to the 4runner and it would be almost identical and has a tighter turning radius. It also has much better visibility, and more room inside. It does cost more though.

do all 4x4 FJ's come with a rear locker, or is it an option?