Sign in to follow this  
dzJeepChic

FJ Cruiser on the Rubicon

Your site is hard to find the trip report from the 2013 run. Is there a direct link to the run? George:cool:

Yeah there is a lot of stuff there and organization is not my strong suit :D

June 2013 trip

Day 1 - Rubicon Trail Loon Lake to Buck Island Lake

Day 2 - Rubicon Trail Buck Island Lake to Rubicon Soda Springs

Last day - Rubicon Trail Cadillac Hill

Not sure I would call any of this a trip report... more like pictures mixed with my ramblings and rants. But the trip was great.

Yeah there is a lot of stuff there and organization is not my strong suit :D

June 2013 trip

Day 1 - Rubicon Trail Loon Lake to Buck Island Lake

Day 2 - Rubicon Trail Buck Island Lake to Rubicon Soda Springs

Last day - Rubicon Trail Cadillac Hill

Not sure I would call any of this a trip report... more like pictures mixed with my ramblings and rants. But the trip was great.

Thanks, looks like you guys have vary capable Shmoyotas and had no problems on the trail. Looks like the trail has changed since the last time I ran it four years ago. George:cool:

Another interesting note on that trip. When we were on the bypass around Little Sluice those two couldn't wait so they cut their own path bypassing us. If this was a professional guide then he failed at almost everything. That was the part of the Rubicon where you were only allowed some 50 feet off the center of the trail. Now Little Sluice has been cleaned up and you have to go through it.

I used to have a Tacoma 4x4 that came with a rear locker, and while I was shopping for one I learned that the 2wd pre-runners came with it too. If I remember correctly, anything with the TRD package had it.

Don't know about the FJ's, but with the Taco's since 2005 (gen 2) the TRD Off Road Pkg has the rear locker, while the TRD Sport Pkg only has a limited slip. Keep that in mind when purchasing if you plan on any serious off road.