Sign in to follow this  
thatoneguyaz

New az jeep owner

That's a nice looking Jeep! I'm a huge proponent of letting the Jeep grow with your experience. If you simply start running trails in your new rig you'll know if/when you need to do mods. I hate it when I see a guy get a 4x4 rig and start adding every last modification on the market, and then it turns out he really likes running graded mountain roads and half the mods were a waste of funds. When we first started out we ran a lot of trails in our stock TJ before doing anything to it, you'd be amazed where all we went! So I recommend taking it out and seeing what it can do as is. Then if you need to do mods, you'll have a better idea what you want or need. that's just my .02 cents worth. Oh, and above all else, have fun with it! Diane :rolleyes:

And thats just what I did yesterday! :P I got a few pictures, thinking of posting em in here or in a new thread.

X2 lots you can do with a small lift and some bigger tires.

For sure!

So my next question is do tires come before a lift?

For sure!

So my next question is do tires come before a lift?

Depends how good are the tires, I'd get the lift first if you can wait on tires. Bigger tires can rub and tear up the fenders and tires.

So what types of lifts do beginners usually start with? Spacers?

Yes, spacers with shocks if you can. http://www.xtremeterrain.com/99-04grandcherokeewjliftkits.aspx I like the 2" Suspension Kit for 99-04 Grand Cherokee WJ by Rough Country. The stock shocks limit articulation more than the aftermarket ones. Without lockers articulation is a big help getting over obstacles.

Great thanks. Spacers are generally 2inches max?

Yes, these will be a great starter lift until you save up for the six inch long arm. George:cool::D

Yes, these will be a great starter lift until you save up for the six inch long arm. George:cool::D

That may take awhile :P

I'm looking into tires too, Any suggestions?

are you doing a lift so you can go larger, or are you staying stock size?