Sign in to follow this  
thatoneguyaz

Easy trails

Any ideas for some easy trails I could try out in my stock WJ?

Bloody Basin Road going to the Sheeps Bridge .....

Just did that. That was my first trip in the Jeep. Not a bad trip but SUPER long. Thanks for the input though!

I believe I passed through the sheeps bridge. I drove all the way up cave creek until it ended into a dirt road, past seven springs, and came out on bloody basin road in the I-17.

Thats pretty neat. It was pitch black when I left that area, who knows what I could have missed at that point.

Needle Point to Bartlett Dam road - this is nearly in-town. take Dynamite road east out of Scottsdale till it T's into Ft. McDowell Road. Head north to the last recreation parking area along the Verde River, then there is a wash heading north and slightly west out of there that is a legal trail that will take you to Bartlett Dam road.

Cherry Creek Road (north of Globe) - far, but a nice long day run: http://soaztim.blogspot.com/2008/05/cherry-creek-arizona.html

Four Peaks road and the trails at the top and then down the backside for a longer day.

these are the two bible books of trails here, ask for one for Christmas!

- http://www.amazon.com/Backcountry-Adventures-Arizona-Peter-Massey/dp/0966567501

- http://www.funtreks.com/arizona-books/guide-to-arizona-backroads-4-wheel-drive-trails

The "backcountry adventures" ones has more mild trails than the funtreks one.

Apache Trail, or Castle hot springs, or if your looking for a longer run the Senator Highway from Crown King to Prescott is great. The trail guides are a good idea, also fwiw a good map or GPS should be in any trail rig, a wrong turn on an unfamiliar trail can ruin a good day.

I may set up Cherry Creek Road on 12/9? or 12/10? or a combination of

both days ... hit DuPont Cabin on the way back .....

Or Dugas Road to FR68 to Salt Flat Campground and hike Pine Mountain ...

Got to figure out which one ...

Apache Trail, or Castle hot springs, or if your looking for a longer run the Senator Highway from Crown King to Prescott is great. The trail guides are a good idea, also fwiw a good map or GPS should be in any trail rig, a wrong turn on an unfamiliar trail can ruin a good day.

Apache Trail why does that sound familiar....

We used to run a road called Tortilla Flats....We drove "spiritedly" around this area. Would that be out by apache trail?

Montana Mountain: Take US 60 east through Gold Canyon, go past Hwy 79, turn left on N. Queen Valley Road. Stay Right at the 1st Y, Left at the 2nd Y, staying on Hewett Canyon Rd. all the way around. Your choice; exit via Happy Camp Rd. or N. Queen Creek Valley Rd. Here's the Google Map.

Always take emergency gear such as enough food, water and warmth to spend the night if you have to. Basic tools and a first aid kit are a bonus. Above all else, Have Fun! Diane :rolleyes: