Sign in to follow this  
AZBillyBoy

Hard Top Care

What do you use on a hard top to prevent oxidation and other damage from UV light? I was told no waxes and no petroleum based products so what does that leave?

Armorall and like products is the way to go, it will never return to a new finish but as long as you keep putting the stuff on it will look like new. The draw back it will be a dust magnet. A repaint is also an option. George:cool::D

Doesn't Armorall have a petroleum base or have they changed? I know I used some of the early interior detailing products like Armorall and guess what? It took the paint right off the dash in my Tacoma!

Doesn't Armorall have a petroleum base or have they changed? I know I used some of the early interior detailing products like Armorall and guess what? It took the paint right off the dash in my Tacoma!

I don't know about the petroleum part, I use it on my dash and plastic fender flairs and had no problems. Back to Black is on another product that I use for outside plastic. George:cool:

I only ask about the petroleum because vehicles today have two kinds of plastic. One is painted and the other -forgive me because I don't know the terminology - has the color in the polymer itself. If you use the wrong cleaner on the painted plastic you'll get a nasty surprise. As I found out in my Tacoma, often times these two different types of plastic are used together.

A Jeep hard top would seem to be more like a boat since it is fiberglass. Then again, so is a Corvette but I am sure you can wax those. I guess I will keep researching this topic until I find a definite answer.

Oh wow that 303 looks interesting. Maybe I'll venture out of my zip code and buy some!!! Thanks.

I got the 303 and it is SWEET. Thanks.