Sign in to follow this  
asphalt assault

'08 JEEP JKU rubicon - build thread

O.B.A.? cheers.gif

On Board Air

did I get that right? ROFL:D

Yup. thumbup.gif

Something new. Trail dash! By superchips. Worth it! Hopefully fuel savings it will pay for itself in a year,but not convinced or counting on it. 6 tunes, look up and clear cel's, operate lockers in high and 2wd, monitor any pid you want available from the obII. The jeep doesn't have a voltmeter or transmission temp but now I can monitor it. Also it's had to see behind me with the 37" tire back there. With the trail dash you just plug a camera in and that's it. Comes on when you put it in reverse or if you turn it on manually. Bump the idle up for winching duties or for when i have OBA will also come in handy. For bigger tires and re-gearing you are able to correct the speedo to. The is really to much to list. It looks tall on the dash but I find it does not impede sight lines for me.

00cd083cd925006b6fee9bb700eebe73.jpg

85bff190151cdca3ccc9b96067856741.jpg

998a2b245ea4fdb60561bb707f69e9bd.jpg

4f47378e1f9689e57699d67aa6555681.jpg

8e562560a77ef7e46c50ab3287ce974e.jpg

3eb833012eef2e82ce65481a73fa972e.jpg

b343f30996042cad4e56dc3141935f82.jpg

pretty sweet!

It's been awhile.

First I am alive. Had a surgical experience to rid myself of cancer.

Second we moved. Life's to short. We live in Peachland BC now.

Third I have lost track of what I have given here for my jeep upgrades. I talked about OBA and I just have the first phase complete so it is operational.

For your viewing pleasure. Idle by superchips, the york used is from a BFI bin found a semi service Center. Free. I just put on a new $80 clutch. Cost less than $500. Things add up quickly when doing this setup. Most expensive cost was kilby bracket but worth it.

2nd and 3rd phase include a tank for capacity, and quick disconnects front and rear.

Would like a higher pressure switch but a jeep was not built in a day and neither was Rome!

Also put in hydraulic ram assist steering. Tastes som pressure off steering box and trackbar.

Also made steering geometry corrections to eliminate bumpsteer and have better rollover Center (improves handling through corners)

First I am alive.

that's all that matters - great to hear from you!

Would like a higher pressure switch but a jeep was not built in a day and neither was Rome!

i still need to up the pressure on my OBA too since i've not run air lockers in years. need different pressure switch, different emergency release valve, and maybe a load genie to help the electric compressor last longer with a high psi setup - one day i'll get to it!

I am ready for 140psi. I built for this one day soon. Switch i have was free and get the job done. Going to order from Amazon soon.