Sign in to follow this  
dkck4

Day Run--easy during the week

Looking to do a day run during the week...first run (97 TJ) and not sure what I might need to add for future runs?

thanks,

I could see a Bulldog Canyon run Wednesday, Thursday or Friday this week. You will need a no cost permit, available in Mesa at the Tonto Ranger station on Ingram prior to the trip however. Nice, easy, scenic and easily doable in a stock jeep.

Just post up and let me know.

The Four Peaks area also has easy trails, I have a slow work week so I wouldn't mind going out. George:cool::D

Anything close to Fountain Hills/Scottsdale area...would like to go tomorrow after 10am (top off right now needs to warm up!!!)....thanks,

Just to let you know. We had ran Bulldog up to the watershed a few months ago and it looks like they graded it and not for the better of wheeling. It was turned into a 4 lane highway from what we saw. They also used to have a wash thats was off camber and they plowed that right over.

Please report back on what you find. its never been really a technical trail but its been at least fun and a simple place to do trial runs.

This is what we found

251706_1656255861035_1676277245_1198949_5667423_n.jpg

thanks for the info...doesn't matter to me, if someone is up for tomorrow i'm in.

I am out for tomorrow, with all this rain I'm getting calls for roof leaks. I will be doing roof repairs for the rest of the week. George:cool:$$$

thanks for the info...doesn't matter to me, if someone is up for tomorrow i'm in.

Either way could ya report back. Inquiring minds want to know:D

This trip for me is weather dependent since it supposed to be more fun than tribulation. I am looking tentatively at this coming Friday, the 16th of December. I am not sure how many jeeps will make the trip and it might not be any more than two.

Prior to going into this area you should look into the links I have posted below. This canyon is near Fountain Hills and we access it from entrance #1 via the Beeline and then the Bush highway. We would ordinarily leave Fountain Hills about 0900 and plan to come out in Apache Junction in the midafternoon depending upon stops for photo ops and the like. If your interest level stays up, go get the permit from the Mesa Ranger station and post up here.

Take a look here:

Mesa Ranger District

5140 E. Ingram St.

Mesa, Arizona 85205

(480) 610-3300

and here:

http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprdb5182021.pdf

Well we made the trip today through Bulldog Canyon from north to south on Forest Road 10. Previous posts on VJC had mentioned that the road has been graded completely. This is true and, without being derogatory, with care a sedan can now make the trip. We were only about an hour from end to end. The scenery, as usual, was great. Many areas of "play" space now are posted closed.