Sign in to follow this  
dzJeepChic

9/1-9/3/12 Annual Cinders Trip, Flagstaff AZ 4x4 Mod, Improved Campground

We are stuck on I-17 in the parking lot of traffic. :(

Sarah and chris

Bummer your stuck in that mess. You can dial 511 from anywhere in AZ and get up to the minute updates on traffic conditions.

This is from the 511 website.

tri-red.gif Interstate 17 : Incidents/Accidents Go to Map Descriptioncrash. right lane blocked LocationOn Interstate 17, North-bound from mile post 239.0, 3.0 miles North of Table Mesa Road DurationSeptember 1 from 12:28 P.M. to 2:30 P.M. Restrictions

Public Notes

Event Id467428

Took 45 min to get from carefree hwy to black canyon. Then hit rain just south of camp verde. Rain drops while traveling 70 in an open jeep hurt!

My jeep died near Cordes Junction. I had to get towed back. I'll try tomorrow to make it up in the car. I was also stuck in the parking lot on I-17.

We made it home. The dust storm south of Phoenix was tough but we made it safely. Thank you for such a fun weekend!

-Chris and Sarah

Made it home a few hours ago, but got side tracked getting ready to go back to work. Had a great time seeing old friends and meeting new ones, will try to get my pics posted in the next few days :-)

Made it home.

Ghost threw front shaft and took out the front yoke in the front diff along with it. Noise started in yucca, I ignored it because I knew it was the shaft again. Locked up 100 yards from home. I pulled out the shaft and the yoke came with it. I still haven't looked under it.

HARD CORE excuse to put in my (already have it) front locker and get rid of the auto4x4 electronics and do the 231(already have it, I just hate fixing something that isn't broken. Well I'm sure as hell broken now.

We mdae it home by 5:00 yesterday. The I-17 traffic was a little heavy but moved nicely along.

Thanks to Grunt, Offroad Passport, Extreme Terrain, and Rugged Ridge for the 4-door JK heavy duty floor mats. I tried them out this morning and they fit nicely.

And thanks to Chris and Sarah, Offroad Passport, Extreme Terrain, and Bestop for the 4-door JK Bikini Top. I'll have to wait a few more weeks for the weather to cool off a little before I try it out.

Finally, thanks to everyone for the great time!!!

We made it home Sunday night about 830 with no traffic problems. There was heavy traffic around Black Canyon but it moved well. Thanks for the fun weekend and hope to see you all very soon on another trail.:)