Sign in to follow this  
PMA4x4

Ham Tech class wanted

I have searched the interent to its ends and I am trying to find a Technician class within the next few months somewhere int he east valley.

Anyone have links or contacts for one coming up?:confused:

Yeah I was hoping there was something not found at ARRL. Looks like summer or later so far.

In addition, join the www.4x4ham.com and someone over there should know ....

Also, the below should be able to help:

CENTER FOR AMATEUR RADIO LEARNING

Call sign: W7ASC

QTH: ARIZONA SCIENCE CENTER, 600 E WASHINGTON ST, PHOENIX, AZ 85004-2303

E-mail: info4@w7asc.org This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Web: http://www.w7asc.org

also perhaps contact Terry Starks, he leads classes and is generally very connected in the local ham world. his email is:

terrystarks (AT) cox (DOT) net

or

KE7LPG (AT) cox (DOT) net

he co-led the class i partially attended and i appreciated the highly focused sort of "cram-course" that he did (free). he also is involved in a new-ham net and other such "get-people-started" activities.

there's a guy by the name of Larry that often leads a class in Mesa (also free), his was a MUCH longer course. if you want every detail and enjoy chatting a lot, then he's the man. i just couldn't get through it as my attention span is much shorter and my only goal was to pass the test and get to learning by experience. sorry, don't have his email.

x2 for Terry Starks. My 10-year old son (at the time) took his class and passed his exam on his first attempt.

Ham test online is also a very good online study guide, I used this when I upgraded from my Tech to General and may possibly hit it again for my Extra.

The 4x4Ham group will also be holding a test session at our annual Field Day Trip 6/23/2012

And here is a link to some more License info.

http://www.4x4ham.com/forumdisplay.php?31-Getting-your-Amateur-License-Questions-amp-Answers