Sign in to follow this  
ob1jeeper

Suggestions on CB shops

Am interested in having my old Uniden checked over before wasting any more time. Anyone know of or have experience with a reputable shop in the area?

I have used Apollo Communications on 43rd ave and Northern for several years. As far as I can tell he knows what he is doing and I think his prices are fair.

I too used Apollo for my father's setup. I was told he is the best for CBs. The shop is a little rough but he was very knowledgeable!

Thanks for the feedback. Last time I visited a CB shop was when Allen still had Bronco One open. He did such a good job, that I haven't needed a shop for close to 20 years. Unfortunately, Allen closed shop some time ago, so was looking for some recommendations...

Thanx again...;)

I take mine to a very good buddy of mine. He is a wiz on communications equipment. Lives on the west side of Goodyear...

Does your friend in Goodyear do this work on the side?

well many years ago he worked for Apollo Communications, during the hay days of CB. Now its just one of his many hobbies/interests as he has a full-time job with Lockheed Martin. I have lunch with him most weekdays and his latest project is taking a FRS/GMRS radio (those walkie talkie radios that operate on FM instead of AM like CB's do) which has a fix/attached antenna and removing it and installing a coaxial connector so he can attach an external cable/antenna to it. He then has a salvage amplifier/booster in approximately the same frequency range to get by the .5 Watt restriction on transmitted power and boosts it to 10 watts. His car is a retired cop car which he has installed various antennas on just to play with radios. Stuff like that. He took my Cobra CB and built into its power supply module the ability to input my iPod or other input device amplify it and I run it out to speakers as I don't have a regular AM/FM radio in my Scrambler. When something comes on the CB, the other audio cuts off to allow me to hear the CB traffic. Once the CB talking is over, it reverts back to the audio.

Cool Beans Jim... Great to have a buddy like that...;)