Sign in to follow this  
dzJeepChic

Jeep Mighty FC Concept: This Is Awesome

While I would prefer the bed version, I would have to go with the van due to having so many kids. I would buy one immediately if released. Anyone at Jeep seeing this?! I would buy!

The sad part is, if they do release it, it's not going to look like that at all.. Those portal axles for example are not recommended for highway use, so scratch those. King coilovers? Too expensive, scratch those. Beadlocks? Too difficult for your average user, scratch em. They'll probably cheap out and put 30" tires on it too.

If they do make a version like the one pictured, what are your guesses on price? I'm guessin' 50K and they aren't going to warranty the portal units if it's driven over 60mph.

The sad part is, if they do release it, it's not going to look like that at all.. Those portal axles for example are not recommended for highway use, so scratch those. King coilovers? Too expensive, scratch those. Beadlocks? Too difficult for your average user, scratch em. They'll probably cheap out and put 30" tires on it too.

If they do make a version like the one pictured, what are your guesses on price? I'm guessin' 50K and they aren't going to warranty the portal units if it's driven over 60mph.

debbie.jpg

;)

I'm just pissed at Jeep for teasing me. Sharing the misery.

There was an article a couple years ago in JP magazine that said Jeep had been purchased by International and they were planning a whole bunch of diesel motors for the North American market...... Man was I excited. Turns out it was an April Fools joke. Buttheads.

JP is good with the April Fools jokes... ;)

looks great! either of them.... If I won some cash maybe.... otherwise I love my JKU and that does the trick for me. still appreciate these.

it was featured in last months jeep action mag

one paragraph

"mopars front portal (8 lug, part no p5155670) is available at a manufactures suggested retail price of $12,500, and the rear portals axles (8 lug part no p5155671) is $11,000.

so they're available over the counter.

Lately Ive been seeing alot of these "original" Jeep FC 150's and FC 170's on craigslist. Just last week I was drooling over one thinking that Id like to do a build on one...............Those pictures aren't helping my bank account any.:(

I remember when driving those things around you had to keep some weight in the bed or else if you hit the brakes too hard you could do a reverse wheelie.:eek:

watched the show with the fc in it. They took a whole interior of a jk(front half) and dropped it in there. Guess they had a bit of a time withe the steering tho.

I remembered the tipping with the original, so did they, they weighted it and balanced it out at all 4 corners with a 60/40 weight split front to rear.

As the Mighty FC makes appearances photos of the vehicle in action are surfacing. Here one from GenRight Offroad's fb page taken over the weekend possibly in conjunction with SEMA or maybe Hump 'N Bump both in or near Las Vegas, NV:

530705_10151171540784635_1011110030_n.jpg

Information in posts:

Jeep Mighty FC: 2012 Wrangler Forward Control concept vehicle ^^

To create a modern Forward Control, the concept team repositioned a Wrangler Rubicon's cabin ahead of the front axle, lengthened the wheelbase, and added a full-width, drop-side eight-foot cargo box. The cab has a roof from the Mopar JK-8 conversion kit, as well as a custom-designed front clip.

Off-road function is dramatically improved with the addition of Mopar’s new Portal Axle set of offset axles provides a major increase in ground clearance without excessive suspension lift. Mopar’s Front Portal Axle (8-lug, part number P5155670) has a list price of $12,500; the Rear Portal Axle (8-lug, part number P5155671) is $11,000.

The axles are controlled with King coil-over assemblies along with beefy Teraflex control arms and track bars. Traction is handled by massive 40-inch tires mounted on custom Hutchinson 17-inch beadlock wheels.

Other Jeep Mighty FC highlights include King coil-over reservoir shocks, Hanson bumpers, a Warn 16.5 winch and a Corsa stainless steel exhaust system. The retro-style interior’s plaid material was a cut-up skateboard carrying bag; the handle from that bag was used for the grab-handles.

Interesting, right? :rolleyes: