Sign in to follow this  
asphalt assault

Rennie Trail, Manitoba, Canada

let me introduce to one of the best trails around here. Rennie trail. it is starting to get famous. I hear some people that have been in the tough truck challenge maybe coming to canada to check it out.

here are some pics.

lets start off with 2 jeeps getting stuck. these guys were just turning around as they could not climb some rocks so wanted to take a bypass. looked like solid ground but turned out to a very deep bog.

DSC02032.jpg

DSC02035.jpg

DSC02038.jpg

0407120929c.jpg

note to self - dont let the dog drive....LOL

0407120929a.jpg

pulled them out

DSC02039.jpg

DSC02040.jpg

DSC02041.jpg

moving on

DSC02047.jpg

DSC02051.jpg

beaver dam at first lake

DSC02057.jpg

DSC02060.jpg

up the rocky face and then blue jeep broke. this is why with a D35 you need spare axles.

DSC02061.jpg

DSC02062.jpg

waiting for parts

0407121120a.jpg

DSC02066.jpg

0407121121b.jpg

0407121120b.jpg

0407121120c.jpg

0407121121a.jpg

DSC02064.jpg

while we wait for parts 2 of us kept going.....

DSC02067.jpg

DSC02068.jpg

we have all heard what must go up must come down? well it is good to remember when off roading that what goes down usually must go up if you want to get home! lol

DSC02069.jpg

DSC02070.jpg

comitment hill

DSC02071.jpg

DSC02074.jpg

swamp on the way to second lake

DSC02076.jpg

DSC02081.jpg

DSC02082.jpg

DSC02085.jpg

second lake

DSC02087.jpg

DSC02090.jpg

DSC02092.jpg

What a different world of wheeling, it looks cold.

What caused the D35 to snap?

Thank you for posting it over here! We love to see trip reports! Diane :rolleyes:

That reminds me of home. Good old fashion trail wheelin! Aside from the axle snap looks like you guys had fun.

It looks like too much wheel speed causing a hopping and then, snap! I have seen this happen many times. George:cool:

Thanks for sharing, would LOVE to go there one day

What a different world of wheeling, it looks cold.

It was unseasonably cold that day. we are usually about 10celcius or 50f. but it dipped down to about 39.2 suddenly and with the lakes around and wind it felt colder. didnt last long and it warmed up again.

That looks like a great trip! How long was it?

I left home at 7:30 in the morning. we hit the trail about 9:30 (travel, gas up, air down) I left the trail at 17:30. was back in the city for 19:00.

It looks like too much wheel speed causing a hopping and then, snap! I have seen this happen many times. George:cool:

Yeah when it happened I said to my friend as we watched "I think he is going to break something." Rob, my friend, said "shut up, dont say that, then he will". I laughed then we saw his wheel width get wider and wider. it was a good laugh. we could tell from the break that this was going on for a long time. each time he went out it had to have broken more and more.

That reminds me of home. Good old fashion trail wheelin! Aside from the axle snap looks like you guys had fun.

Even getting the jeep apart and figuring out what we were going to do was fine. still had fun even with a break. its an adventure. no problem

Thanks for sharing, would LOVE to go there one day

Thank you for posting it over here! We love to see trip reports! Diane :rolleyes:

Your welcome. I will post other trails here during the year.