Sign in to follow this  
theksmith

New "Yukon Cold Locker" rugged/extreme coolers from Igloo

Is co2 safe to travel with in big containers?

Wait I get it. Duck doesn't want CO2 in the car, damn I'm dumb.

Dry ice is co2. So are the air-up systems many people travel with.

I'm ok with waking up dead but if the gas doesn't C02 doesn't kill you the headache will make you wish it had.

We sleep in the ghost and a cracked valve or dry-ice would not be a great idea.

The CO2 and air tanks are safe to carry. The chances of one splitting during an accident and ripping your face off is directly proportional to the speed of the vehicle and the more speed of the vehicle, well you get it.

What can happen is that under extreme duress it can break the valve and propel itself pretty far through thick and thin. I think a gas tank is several times more dangerous but is a similarly different way.

I keep my tank on the inside of the vehicle for convenience and so it doesn't get so hot that I can't handle it when filling tires.

Scuba tanks range in values from about 1850lbs up to 5000lbs psi. Mine are 3000lb tanks.

What is called an 'aluminum 80' [80cubic feet] is available at sports chalet or Ebay for $150ish and a regulator to drop it to 120psi is available on ebay for $12 used or new for a cheap one at $45ish. A scuba or welding place can fill it for you, typically $5.

Kris will know the math for fill ups from 15lbs back to full. I think I get 20 tires worth of air-ups on 32x12.5 15's on a 30cft tank.

Done hijacking.

NEVER PUT C02 or dry ice IN THE CAB OF YOUR VEHICLE. OXYGEN IS ONLY 21% OF WHAT IS IN THE AIR. DON'T DECREASE THAT AMOUNT TO 16% OR IT CAN BE DANGEROUS TO THE WEAK.