Sign in to follow this  
dzJeepChic

EarthRoamer XV-HD

I just happened to get a glance at this, and all I can say is WOW! Have you seen the EarthRoamer XV-HD? Check this out!

"Do you need to carry more people, haul more gear, or pull a bigger trailer? Then EarthRoamer has the Xpedition Vehicle for you – our Ford F-650 based EarthRoamer XV-HD. The “HD” stands for Heavy Duty and this beast is the very definition of heavy duty."

"The F-650 is the “hat trick” of trucks – a class leading Ford Super Duty truck powered by a legendarily reliable Cummins turbo-diesel engine delivering power though a dependably durable Allison transmission. With up to 363 horsepower and 800 foot pounds of torque being delivered to a an Allison 6-speed automatic transmission driving massive 46 inch diameter, 18 inch wide tires mounted on military wheels, the EarthRoamer XV-HD is ready to tackle the biggest overland challenges on the planet."

Look at this monster:

FINAL-complete-650-master-with-kelci-b.jpg

rather have a unicat

TC55comfortplus.a09-560.jpg

rather have a unicat

meh, they look like they're about to tip over in almost every photograph.

That is pretty bad ass.

We saw one when we came out of the Needles District last year, and then saw it again several times in Moab. I have no idea what country it was from or where the guy bought it, but I can tell you its HUGE and this one was VERY slow on the highway when we passed it.

DSCN7225.JPG

here is an 8 wheel Man set up as an expedition rig. He has done quite a bit more work to it since this vid.

here is an 8 wheel Man set up as an expedition rig. He has done quite a bit more work to it since this vid.
That thing is crazy! I imagine it would be like driving a moving van on the trail - kind of nerve wracking, at least until you're used to it. :rolleyes:

the biggest problem is making sure the trail is big enough to handle the truck. Calico has some very open areas that lead into some tight canyons. Fortunately mogfest is held there annually so they know the area. I checked and could not find a current picture of his truck. It looks very nice now. He does not do many "trails" but rather more expedition type trips. Seems to enjoy the mexican baja area.