Sign in to follow this  
sarky

Camping and 4 wheel riding

Can anyone suggest places to go camping and 4 wheel riding want to get out of the heat I live off of I 17 and carefree Hwy

This website might be of interest to you: Arizona Off Highway Vehicle Program website, and contains everything from 'Where to Ride' to the laws that effect you while you're out there. Here's a page with the map of AZ and all the OHV parks here: http://azstateparks.com/ohv/wheretoride.html#ohv31

There are also many trails we've been on that would be RZR friendly, just not sure how much stuff you could carry for camping. For instance, Red Creek has awesome camping, but to get your gear there might be a challenge!

We also go every year to The Cinders OHV near Flagstaff, where there's plenty of accessible camping you can ride out of each day.

I'm sure others will chime in here too... :rolleyes:

what areas are you already familiar with? what difficulty level of trails are you looking for?

the entire rim road (fr-300) area up on the mogollon rim past payson has a nearly infinite maze of forest roads. your ride would have to be street legal to go there, and they aren't challenging trails (just gravel and dirt roads), but the scenery is nice and it's high enough to be much much cooler this time of year than the valley. from your neck of the woods it would be easiest to head up the 17 and then cross over on 260 to get to the 87 side of FR-300.

as dz mentioned, the cinders is a great play area, no other place quite like it.

I have been to Williams, and off lake mary rd. I keep my camper and trailer in dry storage for the summer at munds park we will drive up jump in it and head out from there , look forward to maybe meeting up with members this summer our schedule is some what flexible Thank You

Senator Hiway out of Mayer should be nice this time of year and have a few little bitty water crossings and pine trees and a restaurant about halfway through the trip....

Senator Hiway out of Mayer should be nice this time of year and have a few little bitty water crossings and pine trees and a restaurant about halfway through the trip....

I'm thinking everything is closed up there due to the Gladiator fire, but I don't know for sure...

Payson area, Pyeatte Draw.

Checkout Stoneman Lake. Great area, tons of private areas for camping too - its just south of Munds Park. Not sure about the quad riding though, you'd have to check into that.

Where exactly is that

Senator Hiway