Sign in to follow this  
dzJeepChic

Jankel Militarizes Jeep Wrangler for Spec-Ops Duty

From

Defensetech (Article found on Rich Tennet's G+ page):

Pegasus-490x367.jpg

PARIS — A British company took the classic Jeep Wrangler and militarized it in hopes of selling it to foreign armies unveiling its special forces variant Monday here at Eurosatory 2012.

Jankel started out selling sports cars in the 1950s and then specialized limousines to the ultra rich until 15 years ago when their clientele started dying off. Since then, they’ve entered the military market and haven’t looked back.

The company partnered with Chrysler, builder of Jeep, in 2008 to help it sell the iconic American Jeep to foreign armies. Now, they look to challenge Mercedes Benz and Land Rover to supply Europe’s armies with their future tactical wheeled fleets. It’s Europe’s answer to America’s Humvee.

I like it D! I have not read the article, what drivetrain does it utilize? I would assume the diesel but curious if it is a bigger version due to weight.

EDIT - found it, diesel.

yea lets hope all the little dictators out there get those.

We will not see those used for the U.S. military in any form. without a v hull to minimize mine blasts carry capacity of a squad of people with gear, the ability to be up armored and fit inside a 53 helo it just wont fit the bill.

The no close windows(think down 1") to help relieve over pressure from IED blasts and the possibility of being modular. Slice vehicle into 4 quarters, so it can be repaired faster. upper body then driver front quarter, pass front driver rear pass rear. come apart like one section so 5 total legos bolt together to make 1 jeep.

The small size of tubing for the cage would be a downer for using the 40mm grenade launcher too, probably rattle the 4 doors right off

That makes 3....Group buy????:D