Sign in to follow this  
mbuckner

driving tax!!!!!!

I will admit there are many flavors of "isms".

The bullet thing was in fact true with the one company pushing for it because they designed it but it was so ridiculous that it pretty much became a myth as it never made it anywhere. If I did have kids they definitely would not be going to any public school system.

Don't say that. I work in Public Education and despite Governor Sewer and her cronies in the State Legislature's efforts to completely destroy it, public school students still outperform private and charter schools which have 0 ZERO 0 academic standards and enforcement.

It all goes back to the way schools are funded, which is from partially, property taxes. Higher income neighborhoods have better schools than lower income neighborhoods. We recently toured a District here in Phoenix that looked like a school from the 1970s. No internet access in classrooms - WOW was pathetic! All our schools are wired. I couldn't believe the difference a 15 minute ride made. Schools need to be equally funded or we're always going to have the "haves" and the "have nots."

NCLB and all the other Bush "reforms" need to be swept out because all they do is indoctrinate kids to learn to pass a test and not how to think. And pay teachers a decent wage. At least as much as a man dressed in tights playing with a pigskin. Ya think.... Maybe????